    parent window closes once the new window opens. Any ideas on how to fix the
    problem?

    Thanks

    *, Feb 13, 2006

  2. * wrote:

    > When I open a link in IE 6 and the link opens a new window, the
    > original or parent window closes once the new window opens. Any ideas
    > on how to fix the problem?

    To be sure, are you surfing with the window maximized? Is the parent
    window hidden behind the new one?

    Does the button on the taskbar disappear?

    --
    -bts
    -Warning: I brake for lawn deer

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Feb 13, 2006

  3. *

    * Guest

    The parent window is maximized and the child window launches over the top of
    the parent window and the parent window immediately closes.

    There are no changes to the task bar.

    *, Feb 13, 2006
  4. * wrote:

    >>* wrote:
    >>
    >>> When I open a link in IE 6 and the link opens a new window, the
    >>> original or parent window closes once the new window opens. Any ideas
    >>> on how to fix the problem?

    >> To be sure, are you surfing with the window maximized? Is the parent
    >> window hidden behind the new one?
    >>
    >> Does the button on the taskbar disappear?

    Please don't top-post. Press the DownArrow before replying.

    > The parent window is maximized and the child window launches over the
    > top of the parent window and the parent window immediately closes.

    Tools > Internet Options > Advanced tab
    What is the current status of:
    [ ] Reuse windows for launching shortcuts
    Checked or unchecked?

    > There are no changes to the task bar.

    You mean no new button appears?

    How about a link to a place this occurs for you?
    The original link, and the one you clicked on.

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Feb 13, 2006