    have done something to cause this or is something else the problem? Any
    help would be appreciated. I am using WIN XP Pro.

    Thanks, Scott
    Scott Hastings, Feb 28, 2004

  2. Scott Hastings

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Scott Hastings said:

    > Hello everybody,
    > I am in need of some help. This morning my cat walked across a part of
    > my laptops keyboard when I was surfing the net. Now, my IE 6 seems to be
    > having some trouble. Every time I load a new page, the browser seems to
    > freeze while the page is loading so that I can't click anything until the
    > grabbed him (by the page up/down, insert, pause, F9-F12 keys). Could he
    > have done something to cause this or is something else the problem? Any
    > help would be appreciated. I am using WIN XP Pro.
    >
    > Thanks, Scott

    Did you reboot to reset?
    Brian H¹©, Feb 28, 2004

  3. > Did you reboot to reset?

    yes, I even did a system restore to a few days ago.

    -Scott
    Scott Hastings, Feb 28, 2004
  4. Have tried the Add/Remove?

    If you haven't, suggest that do so. However, don't select Remove but choose
    Repair.

    let us know if that work.

    Phil
    Phillip Normand, Feb 28, 2004
  5. Scott Hastings

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Scott Hastings said:

    >> Did you reboot to reset?

    > yes, I even did a system restore to a few days ago.
    >
    > -Scott

    A system restore because of slow browsing?
    Do you know how to carry out basic maintenance on your system?

    --
    What's basic maintenance?
    Brian H¹©, Feb 28, 2004
  6. Scott,

    I used running boths browser same as your.

    It is known running Netscape that IE will be slow.

    I would recommend to remove Netscape if you want.

    You may want to consider in getting internet booster program. I've found TZ
    Connection from http://www.download.com that program is also free and it is
    best one that I've seen so far.
    Phillip Normand, Feb 28, 2004

  7. > A system restore because of slow browsing?
    > Do you know how to carry out basic maintenance on your system?

    I tried everything, virus scan, spyware scan, defrag, etc. Nothing worked.
    Its not just slow browsing, the browser is actually freezing for 15-20
    seconds while the page loads. There's no problem with Netscape.

    -Scott
    Scott Hastings, Feb 28, 2004
  8. Hi Scott,

    It is known for IE to be slow when having a third party web browser
    especially netscape. You probably want to remove it if you wish. Netscape
    might have better version.

    Have you consider in getting an Internet booster?
    I found a free program named as TZ connection at http://www.download.com
    that program is the best that I've seen so far.

    Phil
    Phillip Normand, Feb 28, 2004
  9. Scott Hastings

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Scott Hastings said:

    >> A system restore because of slow browsing?
    >> Do you know how to carry out basic maintenance on your system?

    > I tried everything, virus scan, spyware scan, defrag, etc. Nothing worked.
    > Its not just slow browsing, the browser is actually freezing for 15-20
    > seconds while the page loads. There's no problem with Netscape.
    >
    > -Scott

    Knowing who your ISP is helps sometimes, for instance, if you are with NTL you
    could have been given a reply something like "oh well, that explains everything
    then".
    Or if you are with AOL you would get something like "bigger fool you, get rid of
    that crap and sign up with a real ISP".

    Your page loading speeds doesn't necessarily depend on your systems state of
    health, but is affected by the load on the servers, (heavy traffic, rush hour
    etc).
    Brian H¹©, Feb 28, 2004
  10. Scott Hastings

    c.r0wlands4 Guest

    Scott Hastings wrote:
    > Hello everybody,
    > I am in need of some help. This morning my cat walked across a
    > part of my laptops keyboard when I was surfing the net. Now, my IE 6
    > seems to be having some trouble. Every time I load a new page, the
    > browser seems to freeze while the page is loading so that I can't
    > click anything until the loading is done. He walked across just the
    > top right-hand corner before I grabbed him (by the page up/down,
    > insert, pause, F9-F12 keys).

    <snip>
    You cruel person. I wouldn't like to be grabbed by the "page up/down" though
    I guess I know what you mean by the "Pause":)
    c.r0wlands4, Feb 28, 2004
  11. > Knowing who your ISP is helps sometimes, for instance, if you are with NTL
    you
    > could have been given a reply something like "oh well, that explains

    everything
    > then".
    > Or if you are with AOL you would get something like "bigger fool you, get

    rid of
    > that crap and sign up with a real ISP".
    >
    > Your page loading speeds doesn't necessarily depend on your systems state

    of
    > health, but is affected by the load on the servers, (heavy traffic, rush

    hour
    > etc).

    My ISP is localnet.com. I understand about page loads. But the problem
    isn't that my internet is slow. My problem is that IE freezes when it is

    -Scott
    Scott Hastings, Feb 28, 2004
  12. Scott Hastings

    ICee Guest

    c.r0wlands4 wrote:
    > Scott Hastings wrote:
    >> Hello everybody,
    >> I am in need of some help. This morning my cat walked across a
    >> part of my laptops keyboard when I was surfing the net. Now, my IE 6
    >> seems to be having some trouble. Every time I load a new page, the
    >> browser seems to freeze while the page is loading so that I can't
    >> click anything until the loading is done. He walked across just the
    >> top right-hand corner before I grabbed him (by the page up/down,
    >> insert, pause, F9-F12 keys).

    > <snip>
    > You cruel person. I wouldn't like to be grabbed by the "page up/down"
    > though I guess I know what you mean by the "Pause":)

    What about "Insert"?
    ICee, Feb 28, 2004
  13. Scott Hastings

    c.r0wlands4 Guest

    ICee wrote:
    > c.r0wlands4 wrote:
    >> Scott Hastings wrote:
    >>> Hello everybody,
    >>> I am in need of some help. This morning my cat walked across a
    >>> part of my laptops keyboard when I was surfing the net. Now, my IE
    >>> 6 seems to be having some trouble. Every time I load a new page,
    >>> the browser seems to freeze while the page is loading so that I
    >>> can't click anything until the loading is done. He walked across
    >>> just the top right-hand corner before I grabbed him (by the page
    >>> up/down, insert, pause, F9-F12 keys).

    >> <snip>
    >> You cruel person. I wouldn't like to be grabbed by the "page up/down"
    >> though I guess I know what you mean by the "Pause":)

    > What about "Insert"?

    (In falsetto) Oh it's that Horrible Man Again! Last time I met him, the was
    eating dogs.
    It really is time someone reported him! Why doesn't someone do something
    about him?

    Insert - I could have done - but that was the way I choose! :)
    c.r0wlands4, Feb 28, 2004
  14. Scott Hastings

    ICee Guest

    c.r0wlands4 wrote:
    > ICee wrote:
    >> c.r0wlands4 wrote:
    >>>
    >>> <snip>
    >>> You cruel person. I wouldn't like to be grabbed by the "page
    >>> up/down" though I guess I know what you mean by the "Pause":)

    >> What about "Insert"?

    > (In falsetto) Oh it's that Horrible Man Again! Last time I met him,
    > the was eating dogs.
    > It really is time someone reported him! Why doesn't someone do
    > something about him?
    >
    > Insert - I could have done - but that was the way I choose! :)

    :-D
    ICee, Feb 28, 2004
  15. Hi trou,

    I didn't realized such option was available.

    With Thanks.

    Phil

    Phillip Normand, Feb 28, 2004
  16. Scott Hastings

    trout Guest

    trout, Feb 28, 2004
  17. Scott Hastings

    Hal Forman Guest

    Scott, you are not crazy, but you are superstitious! I am having the same
    problem (it started today, February 28th, 2004). I have a cat, but it did
    not walk across my keyboard.

    I have two computers both running XP Pro, both running IE6, both accessing
    the internet via wireless router with a cable modem. One of them (a
    desktop) exhibits the behavior you describe, pausing 20 seconds at the end
    of every page load, while the other computer (a laptop), does not do this.
    I ran a spyware check on the desktop and found 3 or 4 items, removed them,
    but the problem still exists. I was about to do a virus scan and then
    remembered that on the afflicted computer I renewed my Norton Antivirus
    subscription and downloaded some other Live Updates the other day. So I
    disabled Norton Antivirus and re-booted, but the problem is still there.
    I'm running the virus scan now.

    If anyone can shed some light on this problem, I would appreciate it!

    Hal

    Hal Forman, Feb 29, 2004
  18. Scott Hastings

    Hal Forman Guest

    I ran ad-aware and it removed a bunch of stuff from my desktop AND, the
    problem seems to have disappeared.

    Hal Forman, Feb 29, 2004
  19. Scott Hastings

    DC Guest