    really more of a nuisance than a real problem, but it is hindering me
    from accessing my e-mail, so I'd like to get it cleared up.
    Thank you!
    TN1001, Feb 1, 2006

  2. TN1001 wrote:

    > Hi, newb computer dummy guy here. I've been having trouble with IE
    > 6.0. Periodically it will shut down with an error message that says
    > "Internet Explorer has encountered an error and needs to close.
    > Anything you were doing may be lost. Sorry for being such a
    > douchbag." Or some such thing. This happens most often while I am
    > opening a new browser window. The data report goes as follows:
    > AppName: iexplore.exe AppVer: 6.0.2800.1106 ModName: urlmon.dll
    > ModVer: 6.0.2800.1485 Offset: 0000b9cf I don't really know what to
    > do here, and I would appreciate help. It's really more of a nuisance
    > than a real problem, but it is hindering me from accessing my e-mail,
    > so I'd like to get it cleared up. Thank you!

    IE frequently hangs up and crashes if you have a large number set for
    size of cache and don't delete/clear it frequently.

    Tools > Internet Options > General tab > Delete files
    and be sure to check the box on the next dialog to delete offline files.
    Ok your way out.

    --
    -bts
    -Warning: I brake for lawn deer
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Feb 1, 2006

  3. TN1001

    TN1001 Guest

    Just did what you said:
    Tools> Internet Options> General> Delete Files (Check box to delete all
    offline files)
    As soon as I opened a new browser window, it did the exact same thing
    to me again.
    Something is still not right.
    ~ Nick
    TN1001, Feb 1, 2006
  4. TN1001

    Martik Guest

    "TN1001" <> wrote in message
    > Just did what you said:
    > Tools> Internet Options> General> Delete Files (Check box to delete all
    > offline files)
    > As soon as I opened a new browser window, it did the exact same thing
    > to me again.
    > Something is still not right.
    > ~ Nick

    Try Opera or Firefox
    Martik, Feb 1, 2006
  5. In article <>,
    says...
    > Hi, newb computer dummy guy here. I've been having trouble with IE
    > 6.0. Periodically it will shut down with an error message that says
    > "Internet Explorer has encountered an error and needs to close.
    > Anything you were doing may be lost. Sorry for being such a douchbag."
    > Or some such thing. This happens most often while I am opening a new
    > browser window. The data report goes as follows:
    > AppName: iexplore.exe AppVer: 6.0.2800.1106 ModName: urlmon.dll
    > ModVer: 6.0.2800.1485 Offset: 0000b9cf
    > I don't really know what to do here, and I would appreciate help. It's
    > really more of a nuisance than a real problem, but it is hindering me
    > from accessing my e-mail, so I'd like to get it cleared up.
    > Thank you!

    Control Panel>Add-Remove Programs>Microsoft Internet Explorer>Add-
    Remove, and select the "Repair" option.
    --

    The Old Sourdough
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his
    The Old Sourdough, Feb 1, 2006
  6. TN1001

    FML Guest

    TN1001 wrote:
    > Hi, newb computer dummy guy here. I've been having trouble with IE
    > 6.0. Periodically it will shut down with an error message that says
    > "Internet Explorer has encountered an error and needs to close.
    > Anything you were doing may be lost. Sorry for being such a douchbag."
    > Or some such thing. This happens most often while I am opening a new
    > browser window. The data report goes as follows:
    > AppName: iexplore.exe AppVer: 6.0.2800.1106 ModName: urlmon.dll
    > ModVer: 6.0.2800.1485 Offset: 0000b9cf
    > I don't really know what to do here, and I would appreciate help. It's
    > really more of a nuisance than a real problem, but it is hindering me
    > from accessing my e-mail, so I'd like to get it cleared up.
    > Thank you!

    If you like being on the bleeding edge, and you have XP-SP2, M$ has just
    made IE7 Beta available to the unwashed masses:

    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/IE/ie7/ie7betaredirect.mspx
    FML, Feb 1, 2006
  7. TN1001

    Plato Guest

    TN1001 wrote:

    > Hi, newb computer dummy guy here. I've been having trouble with IE
    > 6.0. Periodically it will shut down with an error message that says

    There are 50 other free www browsers out there.

    --
    http://www.22pixels.com/ By Artists, For Artists
    http://www.kissmyip.com/ Find Your IP, Share A Kiss
    Plato, Feb 2, 2006