IE (32 & 64) cause reboot...

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?T2xkIEZvZ2ll?=, Dec 23, 2005.

  1. System:
    nForce chip set
    SATA 150
    AMD 64x2
    2gb DDR2
    PCIx Mobo
    XP x64 (all patches installed to date)

    IE will work for a few seconds then reboots the system, comes back after
    rebooting with an error about a missing or miss-behaving DLL. Event entries
    do not help, do not appear to be associated with error (DLL). If I do not
    run IE, the system is stable.

    Need ideas on cause / cure, have searched everywhere but I seem to be the
    only one having this problem. As such, I need to know how do I determine
    which DLL is missing or miss-behaving.

    Full logging is enabled, no reflection of more helpfull event entries are
    found.

    TIA!

    --

    Old Fogie

    =?Utf-8?B?T2xkIEZvZ2ll?=, Dec 23, 2005

  2. No answer for the dll here but have you tried restoring your system to a
    previous time before this error started happening using System restore?
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Dec 23, 2005

  3. This is the third install, does it everytime. Just received a new error
    outside of IE and it references memory, I reseated the RAM and tried again...
    On boot it provided a looping page fault error, running MemTest86 now.

    --

    Old Fogie

    =?Utf-8?B?T2xkIEZvZ2ll?=, Dec 23, 2005