    version?

    Thanks,

    Steve
    Steve K., Jan 31, 2004

  2. Steve K.

    napalm68 Guest

    Turn it over. The version I have is both.

    napalm68, Jan 31, 2004

  3. Steve K.

    Steve K. Guest

    DOH!

    I guess there is a different disc. This one only has one side. The top
    is printed over.

    Damn! No I'll have to find the one like yours! Thanks for the heads up
    though!

    Steve

    Steve K., Jan 31, 2004
  4. Steve K.

    napalm68 Guest

    Damn. That sucks.

    Some dvds do have both on the one transfer- like the Anchor Bay evil Dead 2
    and Army of Darkness. But my idle hands is double sided.

    napalm68, Jan 31, 2004
  5. Steve K.

    Shinner Guest

    "Steve K." <> wrote in news:IsISb.4376$F23.2163
    @newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net:

    > Anyone know what's up with this DVD? Amazon has it listed as Fullscreen
    > and Widescreen Anamorphic. The copy I have is only full screen. Were
    > there two different discs put out? Or am I stuck with this fullscreen
    > version?

    Oh shit, here we go :)

    I had the same problem with Columbia House (recently posted here). The
    original release if WS/FS....the re-release if FS Only. I'd not buy it
    online because of this. Most sites still list it as being WS/FS but I
    wouldn't trust anyone to actually send that.

    I looked in Best Buy last week, they had 1 copy...FS Only. Walking in the
    local mall a few days ago, there was a video store going out of business,
    20% off DVDs. Had a look, they had the WS/FS version for MSRP ($14.99).
    With 20% off it came to 11.99, so I grabbed it. Enough screwing around with
    websites showing incorrect info.
    Shinner, Jan 31, 2004
  6. Steve K.

    Shinner Guest

    "napalm68" <> wrote in news:401b573d$0
    $28869$:

    > Turn it over. The version I have is both.

    You should work for Columbia House, that's what they told me to do. I asked
    them what kind of DVD player they have that can read the side of the DVD
    with ink printed on it.
    Shinner, Jan 31, 2004
  7. Steve K.

    Steve K. Guest

    Shinner wrote:
    > "Steve K." <> wrote in news:IsISb.4376$F23.2163
    > @newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net:
    >

    >>Anyone know what's up with this DVD? Amazon has it listed as Fullscreen
    >>and Widescreen Anamorphic. The copy I have is only full screen. Were
    >>there two different discs put out? Or am I stuck with this fullscreen
    >>version?

    > Oh shit, here we go :)
    >
    > I had the same problem with Columbia House (recently posted here). The
    > original release if WS/FS....the re-release if FS Only. I'd not buy it
    > online because of this. Most sites still list it as being WS/FS but I
    > wouldn't trust anyone to actually send that.
    >
    > I looked in Best Buy last week, they had 1 copy...FS Only. Walking in the
    > local mall a few days ago, there was a video store going out of business,
    > 20% off DVDs. Had a look, they had the WS/FS version for MSRP ($14.99).
    > With 20% off it came to 11.99, so I grabbed it. Enough screwing around with
    > websites showing incorrect info.

    Well I did write to Amazon and they assured me the one they are sending
    is the disc that contains both versions.

    Steve
    Steve K., Jan 31, 2004
  8. Steve K.

    Shinner Guest

    "Steve K." <> wrote in

    > Well I did write to Amazon and they assured me the one they are
    > sending is the disc that contains both versions.

    Columbia House did the same thing to me the 2nd time they sent it...next
    time I contacted them to tell me they'd sent another FS only, they told me
    I didn't know what I was talking about.
    Shinner, Jan 31, 2004
  9. Steve K.

    napalm68 Guest

    I wasn't aware of this. But the copy I have which I bought several years ago
    does have widescreen on one side and full screen on the other. I just got it
    through Reel.com (that's how long ago:p)

    So the WS version is no longer unavailable anywhere in the US? Or just
    colonbia house

    napalm68, Jan 31, 2004
  10. Steve K.

    Mike7883uk Guest

    >I wasn't aware of this. But the copy I have which I bought several years ago
    >does have widescreen on one side and full screen on the other. I just got it
    >through Reel.com (that's how long ago:p)
    >
    >So the WS version is no longer unavailable anywhere in the US? Or just
    >colonbia house
    >

    >"Shinner" <> wrote in message
    >> "napalm68" <> wrote in

    >> $28869$:
    >>
    >> > Turn it over. The version I have is both.

    >> You should work for Columbia House, that's what they told me to do. I

    >asked
    >> them what kind of DVD player they have that can read the side of the DVD
    >> with ink printed on it.

    This one is a strange one, as the version I had years ago, had both picture
    fromats on. From what I can tell, that should be the version which is still
    shipping today. Unless the options for FS or WS is hidden in Setup, or Columbia
    sneaked out a FS only release without telling anyone, I'd advise locating one
    from another source, or take a look on ebay for an in-expensive copy.

    Thanks,
    Mike.
    Mike7883uk, Jan 31, 2004
  11. Steve K.

    Steve K. Guest

    Mike7883uk wrote:
    > ...or Columbia sneaked out a FS only release without telling anyone...

    I beleive this to be the case. Columbia (Sony) did this with the
    original Stuart Little as well. It is impossible to find the original
    widescreen version of it anymore.
    Steve K., Jan 31, 2004
  12. Steve K.

    Moviezzz Guest

    As mentioned, Columbia quietly rereleased a lot of flipper titles as widescreen
    only.

    Most (like IDLE HANDS) are open matte so you aren't really missing anything.
    Moviezzz, Feb 3, 2004