Idle Hands - Misprint?

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Shinner, Dec 17, 2003.

  1. Shinner

    Shinner Guest

    Ya'll,

    Ordered "Idle Hands" from Columbia House trying to fill my requirement. CH
    website stated it to be WS & FS on same disc. Came today, back of box says
    FS only. Put it in the player, looks like FS to me, certainly no option of
    playing either FS or WS versions.

    Have it in DVD Profiler which also lists it as FS & WS. Looking at the
    cover images it looks like it has info to confirm this, whereas the back
    cover of the box I received clearly says FS only.

    What's the scoop? Is CH trying to unload FS editions? I did only pay $9.99
    and it counted towards fulfillment, but they did list it as having WS as
    well as FS. I wouldn't have bought it if it were FS only.

    Looked on DVD Pricesearch, they only show 1 release and list is as WS/FS,
    so how does CH come by a FS only release?

    Have an email into them asking that I be allowed to return it. Of course I
    opened it thinking the back cover must have been a misprint since all other
    sources listed it as having WS. The bastards better not hold that against
    me.

    Shinner, Dec 17, 2003

  2. Shinner wrote:

    > Ordered "Idle Hands" from Columbia House trying to fill my requirement. CH
    > website stated it to be WS & FS on same disc. Came today, back of box says
    > FS only. Put it in the player, looks like FS to me, certainly no option of
    > playing either FS or WS versions.

    I have this movie, the back of the box says it has both
    version one on each side of the disc and each side of the
    disc is indeed labled Full Screen on one side and Wide
    Screen on another.

    It could have either been a misprint in their flyer when
    they thought they had the double sided items, or they
    may have multiple editions and some warehouse drone
    just grabbed the wrong item when packing your box.

    Darrel :)

    Darrel Christenson, Dec 17, 2003

  3. Shinner

    Shinner Guest

    Darrel Christenson <> wrote in

    > I have this movie, the back of the box says it has both
    > version one on each side of the disc and each side of the
    > disc is indeed labled Full Screen on one side and Wide
    > Screen on another.
    >
    > It could have either been a misprint in their flyer when
    > they thought they had the double sided items, or they
    > may have multiple editions and some warehouse drone
    > just grabbed the wrong item when packing your box.

    Thanks for the info...interesting, the disc I received is only 1-sided. The
    other side is printed with a graphic of the movie cover.

    They're getting it back and have to either give me credit or ship out the
    right one.

    Shinner, Dec 17, 2003
  4. Shinner wrote:

    > They're getting it back and have to either give me credit or ship out the
    > right one.

    I agree with you, but again it could have been a minor
    printing error or some dufus grabbing the wrong item
    so I'd give them the chance to verify they have the
    correct one in stock and do a trade.

    And congrats on a great movie selection, that one's
    always good for endless chuckles.

    drc :)

    Darrel Christenson, Dec 17, 2003
  5. Shinner

    > I agree with you, but again it could have been a minor
    > printing error or some dufus grabbing the wrong item
    > so I'd give them the chance to verify they have the
    > correct one in stock and do a trade.

    Yeah, I'm patiently waiting for a reply. Hopefully they do the right thing
    and don't try to stick it to me.

    > And congrats on a great movie selection, that one's
    > always good for endless chuckles.

    Good pickup for $10 I thought. Only first saw it a couple years ago on
    cable and laughed my ass off.

    Shinner, Dec 17, 2003
  6. Shinner

    napalm68 Guest

    Yeah, I love that film. I just love that "Evil Hosting ****-Stick" quote.
    And Jessica Alba...

    napalm68, Dec 18, 2003
  7. Shinner

    Black Locust Guest

    In article <3fe0e8b3$0$29107$>,
    Shinner <> wrote:

    > Good pickup for $10 I thought. Only first saw it a couple years ago on
    > cable and laughed my ass off.

    Jessica Alba in her panties at the end is more than worth $10 if you ask
    me. :)
    --
    BL

    Black Locust, Dec 18, 2003
  8. Shinner

    Jay Stewart Guest

    "Black Locust" <> wrote in message
    > In article <3fe0e8b3$0$29107$>,
    > Shinner <> wrote:
    >
    > > Good pickup for $10 I thought. Only first saw it a couple years ago on
    > > cable and laughed my ass off.

    > Jessica Alba in her panties at the end is more than worth $10 if you ask
    > me. :)
    > --
    > BL

    I wanted to launch my goo when I saw that.

    Jay Stewart, Dec 19, 2003
  9. Shinner

    Wade365 Guest

    << Jessica Alba in her panties at the end is more than worth $10 if you ask
    > me. :) >>

    I KNEW there was a reason I had fond memories of seeing that film, though until
    it was stated above I couldn't for the life of me remember why... pretty dark
    comedy.

    Wade365, Dec 19, 2003