    The one I seen on the back said something about full frame but nothing about
    widescreen.

    If somene could answer that I would appreciate it. Thanks

    Mkebeliev, Jul 18, 2004

  2. Mkebeliev wrote:
    > Was there two seperate discs released for this movie by Columbia?
    >
    > I mean was there a widescreen disc and another full frame one?
    >
    > The one I seen on the back said something about full frame but nothing
    > about widescreen.

    I believe there was originally a widescreen/"full-frame" DVD for _Idle
    Hands_, but it's out of print and the current release is "full-frame"-only.

    Columbia's been doing this, annoyingly, with a lot of their titles that
    were originally issued as WS/FF discs. Even more annoyingly, they've
    re-issued these titles with the same UPCs and catalogue numbers as the
    original editions, so it can be hard to tell which version you're getting
    if you're ordering online. (I got burnt this way on _Blue Thunder_.)

    There's a partial list of the affected titles -- including _Idle Hands_ --
    at the top of this Home Theater Forum thread:

    <http://hometheaterforum.com/htforum/showthread.php?threadid=202633>

    Ignore the "Wal-Mart" reference in the title and first post: as pointed out
    by a later poster, these castrated editions are not exclusive to Wal-Mart.

    HTH,

    doug

    --
    "If we listen quietly, we can hear them shooting from grave to grave..."
    --XTC

    Douglas Bailey, Jul 18, 2004

  3. Mkebeliev

    Shinner Guest

    Douglas Bailey <> wrote in

    > Even more annoyingly,
    > they've re-issued these titles with the same UPCs and catalogue
    > numbers as the original editions, so it can be hard to tell which
    > version you're getting if you're ordering online.

    YES! This is exactly what happened to me through Columbia House.

    Mkebeliev....save yourself some aggravation, do yourself a favor and check
    out a Best Buy if there's one nearby. I found the original issue for $9.99
    after going back and forth with CH for months on it.

    Shinner, Jul 18, 2004