    other Finerea/ Betamax Voip provider ?

    I understand you can do this with Mysipswitch but am unsure how are
    there easier solutions ?

    hammond, May 18, 2009

  2. hammond

    Graham. Guest

    "hammond" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > How do I get an incoming number from Sipgate to ring a Voipbuster or
    > other Finerea/ Betamax Voip provider ?
    >
    > I understand you can do this with Mysipswitch but am unsure how are
    > there easier solutions ?

    Do not register to any Betamax clone from a service like mysipswitch
    as your 300 min weekly call limit will be shared with all the other
    customers
    doing the same thing (they will appear to Betamax as coming from the
    same IP address)

    I understand that Voxalot is an exception to this rule, but it's not free
    to register providers to them any more.

    I have found a way, however, to have outgoing calls to Betamax
    and multiple incoming calls from Sipgate (et all). even if your device
    only supports a single account.

    Hang in there Hammond, I will post the details later, dinners ready :)

    --
    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%

    Graham., May 18, 2009

  3. hammond

    Guest

    Graham. schreef:
    > "hammond" <> wrote in message
    >> How do I get an incoming number from Sipgate to ring a Voipbuster or
    >> other Finerea/ Betamax Voip provider ?
    >>
    >> I understand you can do this with Mysipswitch but am unsure how are
    >> there easier solutions ?

    > Do not register to any Betamax clone from a service like mysipswitch
    > as your 300 min weekly call limit will be shared with all the other
    > customers
    > doing the same thing (they will appear to Betamax as coming from the
    > same IP address)
    >
    > I understand that Voxalot is an exception to this rule, but it's not free
    > to register providers to them any more.
    >
    > I have found a way, however, to have outgoing calls to Betamax
    > and multiple incoming calls from Sipgate (et all). even if your device
    > only supports a single account.
    >
    > Hang in there Hammond, I will post the details later, dinners ready :)

    I guess you only need it for outgoing calls, and that's still free at
    Voxalot, you register your betamax provider at Voxalot, and register
    your Voxalot account at MSS, you set the From: header in the advanced
    settings to an random, or your own public IP address.
    That's the general idea, but there are enough postings on the MSS forum
    about that...

    --
    Bedankt, Thanks,

    The Fug.

    , May 18, 2009
  4. hammond

    Graham. Guest

    "Graham." <> wrote in message

    > "hammond" <> wrote in message
    >> How do I get an incoming number from Sipgate to ring a Voipbuster or
    >> other Finerea/ Betamax Voip provider ?
    >>
    >> I understand you can do this with Mysipswitch but am unsure how are
    >> there easier solutions ?

    > Do not register to any Betamax clone from a service like mysipswitch
    > as your 300 min weekly call limit will be shared with all the other
    > customers
    > doing the same thing (they will appear to Betamax as coming from the
    > same IP address)
    >
    > I understand that Voxalot is an exception to this rule, but it's not free
    > to register providers to them any more.
    >
    > I have found a way, however, to have outgoing calls to Betamax
    > and multiple incoming calls from Sipgate (et all). even if your device
    > only supports a single account.
    >
    > Hang in there Hammond, I will post the details later, dinners ready :)

    OK, I am sure you could use mysipswitch to do this, but I
    use pbxes.com which is basically a cut-down hosted Asterisk at Home
    box, so it's a good way of getting hands-on Asterisk/Trixbox
    experience should you get the urge to build your own.

    Configure your sip device to make calls through Betamax, I
    use smallest.com, you don't need to configure it any further.

    Now sign up for a free pbxes account, we are only concerned
    with two pages for this project, we need a SIP trunk for each
    incoming account that's pretty much the same as setting up
    a local device.
    Then, for each account we need an inbound route like this:
    http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/infoweb/pbxes.jpg
    Don't worry about the reference to an extension Graham 200,
    you don't need an extension.

    The important bit is the set destination radio button and the
    SIP uri
    you would use

    That's it when someone calls one of your Sipgate lines
    your voipbuster phone rings!

    --
    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%

    Graham., May 18, 2009
  5. hammond

    Graham. Guest

    > Configure your sip device to make calls through Betamax, I
    > use smallest.com, you don't need to configure it any further.

    Damn spull-chucker. I use *smslisto.com*
    --
    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%

    Graham., May 18, 2009