    tried the manage identities page, where you put a check in "require
    password", but that doesn't bring up the screen =automatically= upon booting
    up. Thanks in advance!
    mistuh, Mar 7, 2006

  2. mistuh

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Tue, 07 Mar 2006 22:08:57 GMT, "mistuh"
    <> wrote:

    >Hi. Can someone tell me how i can get the login prompt screen in Outlook
    >Express to immediately pop up upon booting up the system? I =had= it that
    >way until my PC crashed, and now i can't remember how it was done. I've
    >tried the manage identities page, where you put a check in "require
    >password", but that doesn't bring up the screen =automatically= upon booting
    >up. Thanks in advance!

    Put a shortcut to Outlook in your startup folder.
    Evan Platt, Mar 7, 2006

  3. mistuh

    mistuh Guest

    "Evan Platt" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 07 Mar 2006 22:08:57 GMT, "mistuh"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>Hi. Can someone tell me how i can get the login prompt screen in Outlook
    >>Express to immediately pop up upon booting up the system? I =had= it
    >>that
    >>way until my PC crashed, and now i can't remember how it was done. I've
    >>tried the manage identities page, where you put a check in "require
    >>password", but that doesn't bring up the screen =automatically= upon
    >>booting
    >>up. Thanks in advance!

    > Put a shortcut to Outlook in your startup folder.

    Thanks...but i don't get it. I just tried putting the shortcut icon for
    Outlook that's on my desktop...dragged and dropped it into one of SEVERAL
    files labeled "startup", "system startup", etc,,,,but nothing happened when
    i rebooted. Is there a specific file in OEX that is labelled "shortcut"?
    I"m not sure exactly what you mean by that.
    mistuh, Mar 8, 2006
  4. mistuh

    °Mike° Guest

    In message <3aqPf.8692$-nyc.rr.com>,
    mistuh took 24 lines to impart the following:

    >"Evan Platt" <> wrote in message
    >> On Tue, 07 Mar 2006 22:08:57 GMT, "mistuh"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Hi. Can someone tell me how i can get the login prompt screen in Outlook
    >>>Express to immediately pop up upon booting up the system? I =had= it
    >>>that
    >>>way until my PC crashed, and now i can't remember how it was done. I've
    >>>tried the manage identities page, where you put a check in "require
    >>>password", but that doesn't bring up the screen =automatically= upon
    >>>booting
    >>>up. Thanks in advance!

    >> Put a shortcut to Outlook in your startup folder.

    >Thanks...but i don't get it. I just tried putting the shortcut icon for
    >Outlook that's on my desktop...dragged and dropped it into one of SEVERAL
    >files labeled "startup", "system startup", etc,,,,but nothing happened when
    >i rebooted. Is there a specific file in OEX that is labelled "shortcut"?
    >I"m not sure exactly what you mean by that.

    In Outlook Express, go to Tools / Options / General tab.
    Put a tick (checkmark) in 'Check for new messages...'
    and 'If my computer is not connected...' choose your option.

    Also check the 'Connection' tab, to ensure you have
    the correct options set in there, too.
    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Mar 8, 2006
  5. mistuh

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Wed, 08 Mar 2006 01:10:23 GMT, "mistuh"
    <> wrote:

    >Thanks...but i don't get it. I just tried putting the shortcut icon for
    >Outlook that's on my desktop...dragged and dropped it into one of SEVERAL
    >files labeled "startup", "system startup", etc,,,,but nothing happened when
    >i rebooted. Is there a specific file in OEX that is labelled "shortcut"?
    >I"m not sure exactly what you mean by that.

    The startup folder is under Start, Programs, Startup. It's not a file,
    it's a folder.
    Evan Platt, Mar 8, 2006
  6. mistuh

    mistuh Guest

    "Evan Platt" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 08 Mar 2006 01:10:23 GMT, "mistuh"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>Thanks...but i don't get it. I just tried putting the shortcut icon for
    >>Outlook that's on my desktop...dragged and dropped it into one of SEVERAL
    >>files labeled "startup", "system startup", etc,,,,but nothing happened
    >>when
    >>i rebooted. Is there a specific file in OEX that is labelled "shortcut"?
    >>I"m not sure exactly what you mean by that.

    > The startup folder is under Start, Programs, Startup. It's not a file,
    > it's a folder.
    > --
    > To reply, remove TheObvious from my e-mail address.

    THANK YOU kind sir...that did the trick! :)
    mistuh, Mar 8, 2006
  7. mistuh

    Mitch Guest

    In article <ZvnPf.11966$-nyc.rr.com>, mistuh
    <> wrote:

    > Hi. Can someone tell me how i can get the login prompt screen in Outlook
    > Express to immediately pop up upon booting up the system? I =had= it that
    > way until my PC crashed, and now i can't remember how it was done. I've
    > tried the manage identities page, where you put a check in "require
    > password", but that doesn't bring up the screen =automatically= upon booting
    > up. Thanks in advance!

    Only because it isn't automatically running Outlook Express upon
    boot-up.

    You have done half, now do the other half. Set OE to launch when you
    log in!
    Mitch, Mar 8, 2006
  8. mistuh

    mistuh Guest

    "Mitch" <> wrote in message
    > In article <ZvnPf.11966$-nyc.rr.com>, mistuh
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Hi. Can someone tell me how i can get the login prompt screen in Outlook
    >> Express to immediately pop up upon booting up the system? I =had= it
    >> that
    >> way until my PC crashed, and now i can't remember how it was done. I've
    >> tried the manage identities page, where you put a check in "require
    >> password", but that doesn't bring up the screen =automatically= upon
    >> booting
    >> up. Thanks in advance!
    >>

    > Only because it isn't automatically running Outlook Express upon
    > boot-up.
    >
    > You have done half, now do the other half. Set OE to launch when you
    > log in!

    Thanks Mitch..it's done, and finally working. And now, on to OTHER
    problems.
    mistuh, Mar 9, 2006