    very good, btw) or the onscreen documantation. Does anyone know what was
    added to the extended version?

    Excellent movie, btw.

    Werz Mungle, Sep 28, 2003

  2. The difference is in chapter 5, which is a minute or 2 longer. It includes
    the scene at the end of the chapter when the Psychiatrist enters the
    building and walks in on the hearing. It was bugging me too because both
    versions have the same number of chapters. I had to do a side by side
    comparison to figure it out.

    Ed

    "Werz Mungle" <> wrote in message
    > Just watched this DVD which offers both choice of theatrical release and
    > extended version. The extended version is a minute or two longer according
    > to the onscreen timer but I was not able to spot any difference between

    the
    > two versions and there is no mention of it on the commentary track (which

    is

    Eddie Puryear, Sep 29, 2003

  3. Werz Mungle

    Werz Mungle Guest

    "Eddie Puryear" <> wrote in message
    > The difference is in chapter 5, which is a minute or 2 longer. It includes
    > the scene at the end of the chapter when the Psychiatrist enters the
    > building and walks in on the hearing. It was bugging me too because both
    > versions have the same number of chapters. I had to do a side by side
    > comparison to figure it out.

    Thanks Ed. I just checked the disk and you're right, or course. 1 min 5 sec
    difference. I wonder why they either bothered to cut this scene out
    originally and yet decided it was important enough to reinsert it on disk.

    Werz Mungle, Sep 29, 2003
  4. Werz Mungle wrote:

    > "Eddie Puryear" <> wrote in message
    > > The difference is in chapter 5, which is a minute or 2 longer. It includes
    > > the scene at the end of the chapter when the Psychiatrist enters the
    > > building and walks in on the hearing. It was bugging me too because both
    > > versions have the same number of chapters. I had to do a side by side
    > > comparison to figure it out.

    > Thanks Ed. I just checked the disk and you're right, or course. 1 min 5 sec
    > difference. I wonder why they either bothered to cut this scene out
    > originally and yet decided it was important enough to reinsert it on disk.

    Kinda reminds me of the Criterion version of Armageddon. They added one
    short scene between Bruce Willis and his father. It really didn't add
    anything and I don't know why they chose that one scene to reinsert.

    LVIII

    Lord Vader III, Oct 2, 2003
  5. Werz Mungle

    Wade365 Guest

    << Kinda reminds me of the Criterion version of Armageddon. They added one
    short scene between Bruce Willis and his father. It really didn't add
    anything and I don't know why they chose that one scene to reinsert. >>

    Because then they can add "New Extended Version!" to the promotions train and
    rope you in... I'm getting much more warry of this sort of thing after waiting
    for the SE of "Vacation" because I wanted the commentary, and once I heard it I
    wished I had just bought the cheaper movie-only version... what a waste of time
    and money.

    They need to add something to it these days so they can tout the "new &
    improved"... Proctor & Gamble have been doing it successfully forever.

    Wade365, Oct 2, 2003
  6. "Wade365" <> wrote in message
    > << Kinda reminds me of the Criterion version of Armageddon. They added

    one
    > short scene between Bruce Willis and his father. It really didn't add
    > anything and I don't know why they chose that one scene to reinsert. >>
    >
    > Because then they can add "New Extended Version!" to the promotions train

    and
    > rope you in... I'm getting much more warry of this sort of thing after

    waiting
    > for the SE of "Vacation" because I wanted the commentary, and once I heard

    it I
    > wished I had just bought the cheaper movie-only version... what a waste of

    time
    > and money.
    >
    > They need to add something to it these days so they can tout the "new &
    > improved"... Proctor & Gamble have been doing it successfully forever.

    Don't ya' get tired of the movie companies ripping us off (so long as we let
    them)???

    Issue a DVD, but in a limited quantity so it's kinda out of print real
    quick. Wait a
    few months and issue a "Directors Cut"....again with a limited quantity.
    Wait another
    few months and come out with a "Special Edition"......then a while after
    that they
    issue the "whatever" edition.

    I'm gonna wait from here on until the ultimate (whichever one that will be)
    is issued.

    Adrian S. Kuiper, Oct 2, 2003
  7. Werz Mungle

    Wade365 Guest

    << I'm gonna wait from here on until the ultimate (whichever one that will be)
    is issued. >>

    That or accept the fact that things are not always better with addeds and
    extras... and in fact as I read it so sagely put on a review page, "There's
    usually a damned good reason things wind up on the cutting room floor"... or
    why certain actors should never be allowed to work away from a script, as in
    Chevy Chase's case. If you ever want to hear just how badly cocaine will mess
    up your memory and mess with your future computing power listen to Chase on the
    "Vacation" commentary. He's worse than Ronald Reagan... and for future
    commentaries, someone make sure to jab Randy Quaid with a stick every now and
    again, wake his ass up...

    Wade365, Oct 3, 2003