    without going through the whole process of installing windows and then
    hitting lucky with the correct code? Please dont bother asking why I need to
    do this, it's complicated and I just do!

    Chris, Nov 16, 2003

  2. Chris

    philo Guest

    "Chris" <> wrote in message
    news:bp7jo2$e81$...
    > I've got several Windows 98 SE disks and need to match up the disks to

    their
    > particular verifying registration codes. Is there any way of doing this
    > without going through the whole process of installing windows and then
    > hitting lucky with the correct code? Please dont bother asking why I need

    > do this, it's complicated and I just do!

    no

    your only consolation is that if you enter the wrong code,you can just try
    again

    philo, Nov 16, 2003

  3. Chris

    Patrick Guest

    Chris wrote:
    > I've got several Windows 98 SE disks and need to match up the disks
    > to their particular verifying registration codes. Is there any way of
    > doing this without going through the whole process of installing
    > windows and then hitting lucky with the correct code? Please dont
    > bother asking why I need to do this, it's complicated and I just do!

    I may be missing something but, by my understanding one 98SE CD is identical
    to another (as far as version, ie oem, upgrade, full).

    A month ago my nephew was trying to tell me that each CD was tied to a
    particular number, I do believe I prove him wrong.

    Do a file compare on two discs of the same type, are they not identical ?

    Patrick, Nov 16, 2003
  4. Chris

    Thip Guest

    "Chris" <> wrote in message
    | I've got several Windows 98 SE disks and need to match up the disks to
    their
    | particular verifying registration codes. Is there any way of doing this
    | without going through the whole process of installing windows and then
    | hitting lucky with the correct code? Please dont bother asking why I need
    | do this, it's complicated and I just do!

    It doesn't matter--they're identical. Just assign a code to each disk.

    Thip, Nov 16, 2003
  5. Chris Spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed in
    <bp7jo2$e81$>:

    > I've got several Windows 98 SE disks and need to match up the disks
    > to their particular verifying registration codes. Is there any way
    > of doing this without going through the whole process of installing
    > windows and then hitting lucky with the correct code? Please dont
    > bother asking why I need to do this, it's complicated and I just do!

    If they are the same version (In this case SE) then any code can go
    with any CD.

    NOI

    Thund3rstruck, Nov 16, 2003
  6. Chris

    DH Guest

    As long as the disks are "the very same version", the numbers are
    interchangable. But.....whichever "ID code" you use to install Windows on a
    particular machine, THAT is the same "ID code" you MUST use on any
    subsequent re-installations of that disk, on that particular machine,
    (unless you fdisk and format). If you fdisk and format, then you're back to
    the, "numbers are interchangable" situation.

    DH, Nov 16, 2003