Identifying a motherboard

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Trent SC, Feb 4, 2005.

  1. Trent SC

    Trent SC Guest

    Could someone help me ID the motherboard in a colleague's computer which
    I'll be visiting this weekend. They don't have a web connection, so I want
    to download any drivers I might need in plenty of time. I got them to run
    Belarc and this is the results that came back:

    Main Circuit Board:
    Board: i810-ITE8712
    Bus Clock: 219 megahertz
    BIOS: Award Software International, Inc. 4.51
    PG 11/08/99

    Now, a search on ITE-8712 brings up lots of entries which doesn't seem to
    make a great deal of sense, hence my post here. If it helps, the following
    on-board elements are also ID'd by Belarc:
    Intel 82801AA Bus Master IDE Controller
    Avance AC97 Audio

    If someone can point me towards a model and manufacturer, I should be able
    to track down the support pages and start downloading.

    Many thanks in advance

    Trent SC, Feb 4, 2005

  2. Trent SC

    Matt Guest

    Trent SC wrote:
    > Could someone help me ID the motherboard in a colleague's computer

    At boot the screen should show a BIOS ID string. Google for that string.

    Matt, Feb 4, 2005

  3. Trent SC

    Sweet n Sour Guest

    Sweet n Sour, Feb 4, 2005
  4. Trent SC

    jda^fx Guest

    On Fri, 4 Feb 2005 11:38:52 -0000, "Trent SC" <>
    wrote:

    >Could someone help me ID the motherboard in a colleague's computer which
    >I'll be visiting this weekend. They don't have a web connection, so I want
    >to download any drivers I might need in plenty of time. I got them to run
    >Belarc and this is the results that came back:
    >
    >Main Circuit Board:
    >Board: i810-ITE8712
    >Bus Clock: 219 megahertz
    >BIOS: Award Software International, Inc. 4.51
    >PG 11/08/99
    >
    >Now, a search on ITE-8712 brings up lots of entries which doesn't seem to
    >make a great deal of sense, hence my post here. If it helps, the following
    >on-board elements are also ID'd by Belarc:
    >Intel 82801AA Bus Master IDE Controller
    >Avance AC97 Audio
    >
    >If someone can point me towards a model and manufacturer, I should be able
    >to track down the support pages and start downloading.
    >
    >Many thanks in advance

    A nice little program for ID'ing any kind of hardware is Everest made
    by Lavalys, it can be found here:
    http://lavalys.com/products/download.php?pid=1&lang=en

    jda^fx

    jda^fx, Feb 5, 2005
  5. Trent SC

    Papa Joe Guest

    Everest seems to be a very nice package.
    Thanks for the link.
    Joe

    Papa Joe, Feb 5, 2005
  6. Trent SC wrote:

    > Could someone help me ID the motherboard in a colleague's computer which
    > I'll be visiting this weekend. They don't have a web connection, so I want
    > to download any drivers I might need in plenty of time. I got them to run
    > Belarc and this is the results that came back:
    >
    > Main Circuit Board:
    > Board: i810-ITE8712

    I'd bet that's a PCChips motherboard. At any rate, it's an 810 chipset.

    > Bus Clock: 219 megahertz

    Not on an 810.

    > BIOS: Award Software International, Inc. 4.51
    > PG 11/08/99
    >
    > Now, a search on ITE-8712 brings up lots of entries which doesn't seem to
    > make a great deal of sense, hence my post here. If it helps, the following
    > on-board elements are also ID'd by Belarc:
    > Intel 82801AA Bus Master IDE Controller
    > Avance AC97 Audio

    http://list.driverguide.com/list/company796/

    "Avance AC'97 Driver for Intel(r) 82801AA Controller Driver"

    > If someone can point me towards a model and manufacturer, I should be able
    > to track down the support pages and start downloading.
    >
    > Many thanks in advance

    Might be this FIC

    http://www.fic.com.tw/product/motherboard/1stmainboard_detail.aspx?type=legacy&model_id=17

    David Maynard, Feb 8, 2005