    It looks like a MAC monitor connector but the other 2 are for?

    --
    Change the .COM to .NET when replying
    RKL, Dec 22, 2003

  2. RKL

    RKL Guest

    RKL, Dec 22, 2003

  3. RKL

    pcbutts1 Guest

    pcbutts1, Dec 22, 2003
  4. RKL wrote:

    > I think it's a monitor cable :)
    >
    > One end is male DB15(8/7).
    > The other end has 3 parts: A female DB15 and 2 male AT keyboard looking
    > connectors. One says IN the other OUT.
    >
    > It looks like a MAC monitor connector but the other 2 are for?

    Sounds like they might be MIDI In / MIDI Out

    BuffNET Technical Support Supervisor
    (BEHOLD! The power of the BOFH!)
    BuffNET Tech Support - MichaelJ, Dec 23, 2003
  5. RKL

    M Mullen Guest

    On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 01:08:25 -0600, RKL <> wrote:

    |> I think it's a monitor cable :)
    |>
    |> One end is male DB15(8/7).
    |> The other end has 3 parts: A female DB15 and 2 male AT keyboard looking
    |> connectors. One says IN the other OUT.

    Usually when you see two keyboard connectors like that, it's made for something
    to draw power from. I have one for a draw tablet, and another for an old web
    cam.
    --
    ,,
    ( "> w
    M Mullen, Dec 23, 2003
  6. RKL

    Zknb Guest

    It is NOT a monitor cable

    That is a MIDI/Joystick adaptor for a sound blaster card

    The DB15 is the Joystick connector, one end goes into the sound card
    the other end is where you plug in a joystick.

    The two DIN connectors are MINI IN and MIDI OUT.

    Zknb, Dec 23, 2003
  7. Zknb wrote:

    > It is NOT a monitor cable
    >
    > That is a MIDI/Joystick adaptor for a sound blaster card
    >
    > The DB15 is the Joystick connector, one end goes into the sound card
    > the other end is where you plug in a joystick.
    >
    > The two DIN connectors are MINI IN and MIDI OUT.

    (Fist Pump!) YES! I thought it sounded like MIDI connectors. Nice to
    know I still remember what those look / sound like. (I'm a closet musician.)

    BuffNET Tech Support - MichaelJ, Dec 24, 2003
  8. RKL

    M Mullen Guest

    On Wed, 24 Dec 2003 14:05:34 -0500, BuffNET Tech Support - MichaelJ
    <> wrote:

    |> BuffNET Technical Support Supervisor
    |> (BEHOLD! The power of the BOFH!)

    Just noticed your tagline. I loved the BOFH series.
    Used to have a section on my BBS just for it.
    Behold the power.
    --
    ,,
    ( "> w
    M Mullen, Dec 24, 2003
  9. RKL

    Kev Guest

    BuffNET Tech Support - MichaelJ wrote:

    > Zknb wrote:
    >
    > > It is NOT a monitor cable
    > >
    > > That is a MIDI/Joystick adaptor for a sound blaster card
    > >
    > > The DB15 is the Joystick connector, one end goes into the sound card
    > > the other end is where you plug in a joystick.
    > >
    > > The two DIN connectors are MINI IN and MIDI OUT.

    good answer. i thought it was some sort of weird mac monitor cable as my
    monitor is supposedly mac compliant but it came with an SB AWE64 Gold
    card at the same time and after 6/7 years you just forget what the hell
    this cable is for.

    http://tinyurl.com/2a5js
    Kev, Dec 24, 2003
  10. RKL

    why? Guest

    On Wed, 24 Dec 2003 12:08:52 -0800, M Mullen wrote:

    >On Wed, 24 Dec 2003 14:05:34 -0500, BuffNET Tech Support - MichaelJ
    ><> wrote:
    >

    >|> BuffNET Technical Support Supervisor
    >|> (BEHOLD! The power of the BOFH!)
    >
    >Just noticed your tagline. I loved the BOFH series.
    >Used to have a section on my BBS just for it.
    >Behold the power.

    You do know it's found at theregister?

    BOFH: The whole shebang
    The Compleat BOFH Archives 95-99
    BOFH Merchandise
    Get BOFH Books here

    Some days I even get to do a little BOFHing at work myself. Great fun.

    Me
    why?, Dec 24, 2003