    TIA

    --
    If he is so smart, how come he is dead? - Homer Simpson

    Vinylmixer, Aug 5, 2004

  2. Vinylmixer

    Dr Fish Guest

    "Vinylmixer" <> wrote in message
    news:XpxQc.655$...
    > Hi
    >
    > This may sound stupid but can any one tell me what DSLR names its photos

    by
    > numbers eg 12345.jpg
    > it may be actually 6 or 7 digits.

    Look at the exif data, you should get it from there - provided it has been
    recorded.

    AJM

    Dr Fish, Aug 5, 2004

  3. Vinylmixer

    Vinylmixer Guest

    I dont have the data, its only the number at the back of a developed photo.
    It has put the name of the image on the back.

    It was from a guys camera at a wedding and the photos are amazing, i saw him
    with the DSLR but never got a chance to find out what it was :(

    Vinylmixer, Aug 6, 2004
  4. In article <XpxQc.655$>,
    "Vinylmixer" <> wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > This may sound stupid but can any one tell me what DSLR names its photos by
    > numbers eg 12345.jpg
    > it may be actually 6 or 7 digits.
    >
    > I think the canons use IMG_0000.jpg and some use DSC_0000.jpg or something
    > like that.
    >
    > Does a certain model use just plain numbers.
    >
    > TIA

    Canon uses IMG_0000.jpg or 123_1234.jpg. The latter is used when you use
    the Canon software to get the photo's from the camera (I believe). But I
    never installed any of their software; the camera works fine without it.

    The DSC_0000.jpg is Sony.

    Minolta uses PICT0000.jpg

    That is all I know ...

    Wouter

    --

    Wouter F. Wessels
    Gouda, the Netherlands

    Wouter Wessels, Aug 8, 2004
  5. Vinylmixer

    Guest

    On Sun, 08 Aug 2004 22:51:59 +0200, Wouter Wessels
    <> wrote:

    >In article <XpxQc.655$>,
    > "Vinylmixer" <> wrote:
    >
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> This may sound stupid but can any one tell me what DSLR names its photos by
    >> numbers eg 12345.jpg
    >> it may be actually 6 or 7 digits.
    >>
    >> I think the canons use IMG_0000.jpg and some use DSC_0000.jpg or something
    >> like that.
    >>
    >> Does a certain model use just plain numbers.
    >>
    >> TIA

    >Canon uses IMG_0000.jpg or 123_1234.jpg. The latter is used when you use
    >the Canon software to get the photo's from the camera (I believe). But I
    >never installed any of their software; the camera works fine without it.
    >
    >The DSC_0000.jpg is Sony.
    >
    >Minolta uses PICT0000.jpg
    >
    >That is all I know ...
    >
    >Wouter

    Not sure as I can't find the CD a friend sent me, but I
    believe the format you describe came from his new HP camera.

    , Aug 9, 2004