ideas for pc toys for christmas?

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by dennis, Nov 20, 2003.

  1. dennis

    dennis Guest

    Hello all,

    I am involved with a local computer club for my area and for our next
    meeting in a few weeks we plan to discuss and maybe demonstrate some neat
    computer gadgets or software.

    I remember seeing one time a microscope that connected via usb and the user
    could take images... things like that I'm interested in. I think most
    people already know about scanners, cd burners and flat panels... maybe
    things like:

    the microscope, as above
    wireless keyboard/mouse
    decent audio system
    gaming keypads

    anyone have other ideas? also I'm drawing a blank on software (games or
    utilities) any ideas there for the home?

    Much thanks in advance
    Dennis

    dennis, Nov 20, 2003

  2. dennis

    Terry Joyce Guest

    "dennis" <> wrote in message
    > Hello all,
    >
    > I am involved with a local computer club for my area and for our next
    > meeting in a few weeks we plan to discuss and maybe demonstrate some neat
    > computer gadgets or software.
    >
    > I remember seeing one time a microscope that connected via usb and the

    user
    > could take images... things like that I'm interested in. I think most
    > people already know about scanners, cd burners and flat panels... maybe
    > things like:
    >
    > the microscope, as above
    > wireless keyboard/mouse
    > decent audio system
    > gaming keypads
    >

    > anyone have other ideas? also I'm drawing a blank on software (games or
    > utilities) any ideas there for the home?

    My current project for the day is external hard drive enclosure. I am going
    to make the ultimate multimedia, Tool, Backup and fun carry around device.
    USB2 or Firewire connections. Backup to my system and whatever I can fit on
    a Maxtor 120 gig, 7200 RPM IDE drive ($94.95 at Office Depot)
    Tee Jay

    Terry Joyce, Nov 20, 2003

  3. dennis

    Tuna Fish Guest

    have you thought on checking into microsoft.com where the downloads are,
    you might get some ideas there, just a thought.
    Sara.

    Tuna Fish, Nov 20, 2003