    systray. Anybody know how's come?

    Thanks, guys,

    Mike
    Michael P Gabriel, Oct 25, 2003

  2. Michael P Gabriel

    Faolan Guest

    In article <>,
    says...

    > In case it's not what it's stacked up to be, can someone recommend
    > another few? NERO 5.5 just doesn't seem to work with my SONY OEM 225
    > burner. When loaded it leaves an exclamation mark on the icon in
    > systray. Anybody know how's come?
    >
    > Thanks, guys,

    Have you tried the Nero support site and/or the latest version of Nero?

    http://www.ahead.de/en/index.html

    It's up to version 6, with 'enhanced' multimedia facilities.

    As so to the Systray problem that's sounds like it's to do with the
    packet writing software which is not needed for the main program.
    Basically it makes a CD-RW a slower version of a HD. Not all CD burner's
    support this, hence the exclamation mark.

    Have you tried the main Nero program to burn to CD? I would recommend
    using a CD-RW until you get the hang of it to save wasting CD-Rs. You
    can use it two modes, wizard or advanced.
    Faolan, Oct 25, 2003

  3. Faolan <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > In article <>,
    > says...
    >
    > > In case it's not what it's stacked up to be, can someone recommend
    > > another few? NERO 5.5 just doesn't seem to work with my SONY OEM 225
    > > burner. When loaded it leaves an exclamation mark on the icon in
    > > systray. Anybody know how's come?
    > >
    > > Thanks, guys,

    > Have you tried the Nero support site and/or the latest version of Nero?
    >
    > http://www.ahead.de/en/index.html
    >
    > It's up to version 6, with 'enhanced' multimedia facilities.
    >
    > As so to the Systray problem that's sounds like it's to do with the
    > packet writing software which is not needed for the main program.
    > Basically it makes a CD-RW a slower version of a HD. Not all CD burner's
    > support this, hence the exclamation mark.
    >
    > Have you tried the main Nero program to burn to CD? I would recommend
    > using a CD-RW until you get the hang of it to save wasting CD-Rs. You
    > can use it two modes, wizard or advanced.

    I've had a couple of goes with NeroBurn and I just find it
    complicated to use. I've gone back to Adaptec/Roxio twice now. I just
    put in a blank CDR and wait until Adaptec sees it. Then I give the CD
    some salient name and then format it. The CDR is then ready to use. I
    make my folder names like...

    DigitalCamera
    2003
    A-January
    B-February
    J-October
    K-November
    L-December

    and then I transfer, Drag & Drop my images into the various
    months that they were taken. Or I just highlite all of a months images
    then <Ctrl+C> select folder on CDR and then <Ctrl+V> to put them
    there.

    With my older digicam I'd get about three months to a CD but with
    my new camera I've made one CD per month. Never mind wasting a bit of
    CD space.

    With Roxio the CDR can be left OPEN so that you can add some more
    at the end of the month or jusr CLOSE it completely so that it looks
    like a CDROM.

    It is all so transparent to the user.

    Regards Chris.
    Chris McBrien, Oct 27, 2003