    three devices?

    Alternatively, is there a SCSI or other possibility to solve the problem?

    TIA.

    Drosophila, Aug 20, 2003

  2. Drosophila

    why? Guest

    On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 05:56:18 +0100, Drosophila wrote:

    >My IDE2 (secondary port) is not working for some reason. This is restricting
    >me to only be able to connect one HDD and DVD/CD on IDE1.

    Not enabled in the BIOS.

    <snip>

    >Is there a ribbon cable (4 way) that will allow me to use IDE1 to connect
    >three devices?

    No, but you could make one, don't expect it to work.

    >Alternatively, is there a SCSI or other possibility to solve the problem?

    Yes, but generally SCSI bits cost more + the initial outlay for the SCSI
    card.

    A better idea would be something like this -

    http://www.maxtor.com/en/products/accessories/ultra_ata/index.htm
    Ultra ATA/133 PCI Adapter Card

    Me

    why?, Aug 20, 2003

  3. Drosophila

    Drosophila Guest

    > On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 05:56:18 +0100, Drosophila wrote:
    >
    > >My IDE2 (secondary port) is not working for some reason. This is

    restricting
    > >me to only be able to connect one HDD and DVD/CD on IDE1.

    > Not enabled in the BIOS.
    >
    > <snip>
    >
    > >Is there a ribbon cable (4 way) that will allow me to use IDE1 to connect
    > >three devices?

    > No, but you could make one, don't expect it to work.
    >
    > >Alternatively, is there a SCSI or other possibility to solve the problem?

    > Yes, but generally SCSI bits cost more + the initial outlay for the SCSI
    > card.
    >
    > A better idea would be something like this -
    >
    > http://www.maxtor.com/en/products/accessories/ultra_ata/index.htm
    > Ultra ATA/133 PCI Adapter Card

    Thanks for that, I think the adapter card will do the job just fine. I will
    try E-buyer they should be able to get me one.

    Once again.......

    Dros.

    Drosophila, Aug 20, 2003