    "Flash BIOS" and an empty window above saying "Avalible Controllers" with
    none listed, all options in this panel are grayed out.

    If anyone has any ideas, it would be much appreciated.

    =?Utf-8?B?SGFucw==?=, Nov 6, 2007

  2. I have not tried using a card like that for pure IDE hard drives unless they
    were RAID'ed. First thought that comes to mind is that you need to enter
    BIOS Setup when booting and configure your HD's to the actual connectors
    where they are attached, and make sure that all connectors that don't have
    anything attached are disabled. In fact, it's a good idea (not neccessarily
    for this issue?) to disable anything in your BIOS that you are not using -
    like serial and parallel ports and stuff.

    It may be a good idea to read the BIOS section of your motherboard manual
    carefully so you don't miss anything obvious.

    AND! - perhaps you should pull any USB flash drives and card-readers before
    your first boot?

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Nov 6, 2007