I'd like to see this nationally aired show on dvd, but it probably never willl be

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Waterperson77, Mar 1, 2004.

  1. I'd like to see this nationally aired show on dvd (and I still don't know how
    it ever got past the censors for a kids show, but) it was a one-time special
    that contained the conclusion to the kids tv show, "H.R. Puf'n'stuff".

    People will say that there was never a conclusion to that show

    However, they're all wrong. There was. I saw it myself. It was on one of those
    prime-time "Saturday morning preview" specials".

    In which Jimmy walking out on stage sees his long-time friend (another human),
    realizes that he's back in the normal regular world we all know, and Jimmy asks
    and tells his friend:

    "What did you put in those cigarettes you gave me?

    I wanted regular cigarettes, not something with funny stuff in it that gets me
    high making me see talking houses and talking dragons that look like giant
    cheeseburgers".

    Jimmy's friend tells him that it was regular cigarettes.

    After some arguing, Jimmy realizes that he wasn't high, but was "really in the
    world of Sid & Marty Kroft".

    Well, that was the gist of it anyways.

    The part about "What was in those cigarettes you gave me" was exactly how the
    line was said, as far as I remember.

    The rest I had to paraphrase a little bit since it was a one-time special that
    aired years ago.
    Waterperson77, Mar 1, 2004

  2. Waterperson77

    madkevin Guest

    "Waterperson77" <> wrote in message
    > I'd like to see this nationally aired show on dvd (and I still don't know how
    > it ever got past the censors for a kids show, but) it was a one-time special
    > that contained the conclusion to the kids tv show, "H.R. Puf'n'stuff".

    Is the last show not in the currently-available DVD set?

    Kevin "The Altered State Of Druggachusettes" Cogliano
    madkevin, Mar 1, 2004

  3. >Is the last show not in the currently-available DVD set?

    I didn't know that there was a compplete series dvd set of it, but to answer
    your question

    That "episode" wasn't on the tv series "H.R. Puf'n'stuff". It was on one of
    those "Saturday morning preview" specials that used to air once a year in prime
    time to give everyon a sneak peek at the new upcoming season of Saturday
    morning kids shows.
    Waterperson77, Mar 2, 2004
  4. Waterperson77

    Invid Fan Guest

    In article <>,
    Waterperson77 <> wrote:

    > >Is the last show not in the currently-available DVD set?
    > >

    > I didn't know that there was a compplete series dvd set of it, but to answer
    > your question
    >
    > That "episode" wasn't on the tv series "H.R. Puf'n'stuff". It was on one of
    > those "Saturday morning preview" specials that used to air once a year in
    > prime
    > time to give everyon a sneak peek at the new upcoming season of Saturday
    > morning kids shows.

    Did he get home in that "episode"? As a 4 year old watching this show
    (in repeats as I was born in '69), the fact the kid at the end of each
    episode depressed the hell out of me :)

    -'Deal/No Deal', CHESS
    Invid Fan, Mar 2, 2004