    I'd look to rent it if someone could help me out with the title.

    thx
    -goro-
    Goro, Dec 25, 2005

  2. Goro

    Guest

    Goro wrote:
    >It's a foreign film about the Bosnian war (i think). It was about 3
    >people, i think 2 men and 1 woman, each of whom speaks a different
    >language. One guy is a prisoner. They are on the border and to get to
    >safety/freedom, they need to work together, even though they don't
    >speak each other's language.

    NO MAN'S LAND

    <http://www.au-cinema.com/No-Man's-Land.htm>

    Googling using "bosnia war dvd" found it instantly.
    , Dec 25, 2005

  3. Goro

    Goro Guest

    wrote:
    > Goro wrote:
    > >It's a foreign film about the Bosnian war (i think). It was about 3
    > >people, i think 2 men and 1 woman, each of whom speaks a different
    > >language. One guy is a prisoner. They are on the border and to get to
    > >safety/freedom, they need to work together, even though they don't
    > >speak each other's language.

    > NO MAN'S LAND
    >
    > <http://www.au-cinema.com/No-Man's-Land.htm>
    >
    > Googling using "bosnia war dvd" found it instantly.

    Thanks for the help, but that's not it.

    -goro-
    Goro, Dec 25, 2005
  4. Goro

    moviePig Guest

    Goro wrote:

    > wrote:
    >
    >>Goro wrote:
    >>
    >>>It's a foreign film about the Bosnian war (i think). It was about 3
    >>>people, i think 2 men and 1 woman, each of whom speaks a different
    >>>language. One guy is a prisoner. They are on the border and to get to
    >>>safety/freedom, they need to work together, even though they don't
    >>>speak each other's language.

    >>NO MAN'S LAND
    >>
    >><http://www.au-cinema.com/No-Man's-Land.htm>
    >>
    >>Googling using "bosnia war dvd" found it instantly.

    > Thanks for the help, but that's not it.

    That's a relief. I'd thought of NML, but didn't recall that scenario.

    Now, here comes the kind of help you get when you're lost and you ask
    some guy who can't admit he hasn't a clue: I think your movie involved
    the three of them living by stream in the mountains... through a fairly
    harsh winter... there was a primitive shack of some sort... ultimately
    an army shows up... not sure it was Bosnia either... mostly a comedy, I
    think, about language, sex, etc. ... and the real bitch is that I think
    I liked this movie quite a lot...

    --

    /---------------------------\
    | YOUR taste at work... |
    moviePig, Dec 25, 2005
  5. Goro

    moviePig Guest

    Goro wrote:

    > wrote:
    >
    >>Goro wrote:
    >>
    >>>It's a foreign film about the Bosnian war (i think). It was about 3
    >>>people, i think 2 men and 1 woman, each of whom speaks a different
    >>>language. One guy is a prisoner. They are on the border and to get to
    >>>safety/freedom, they need to work together, even though they don't
    >>>speak each other's language.

    >>NO MAN'S LAND
    >>
    >><http://www.au-cinema.com/No-Man's-Land.htm>
    >>
    >>Googling using "bosnia war dvd" found it instantly.

    > Thanks for the help, but that's not it.

    That's a relief. I'd thought of NML, but didn't recall that scenario.

    Now, here comes the kind of help you get when you're lost and you ask
    some guy who can't admit he hasn't a clue: I think your movie involved
    the three of them living by stream in the mountains... through a fairly
    harsh winter... there was a primitive shack of some sort... not sure it

    moviePig, Dec 25, 2005
  6. In article <5tBrf.1490$>, moviePig
    <> wrote:

    > Goro wrote:
    >
    > > wrote:

    > >>NO MAN'S LAND
    > >>
    > >><http://www.au-cinema.com/No-Man's-Land.htm>
    > >>
    > >>Googling using "bosnia war dvd" found it instantly.

    > > Thanks for the help, but that's not it.

    > That's a relief. I'd thought of NML, but didn't recall that scenario.
    >
    > Now, here comes the kind of help you get when you're lost and you ask
    > some guy who can't admit he hasn't a clue: I think your movie involved
    > the three of them living by stream in the mountains... through a fairly
    > harsh winter... there was a primitive shack of some sort... not sure it
    > was Bosnia either... mostly a comedy, I think, about language, sex, etc.
    > ... and the real bitch is that I think I liked this movie quite a lot...

    There is a World War II movie that I remember with the same scenario
    called "The Cuckoo." It synopsis follows:

    September 1944, in a land torn apart by war, a Finnish sniper is
    labeled a coward by his compatriots; as punishment, he is nailed to a
    rock and left to his own devices. Not long after, a disgraced Russian
    Captain, en route to his court martial, is injured in an accident. Both
    men are about to find out they have one thing in common. Wounded and
    emotionally tortured, they are taken in by Anni, a young, resourceful
    war widow, who offers shelter to one while nursing the other back to
    health. None of them understands the others' languages, but it doesn't
    seem to matter. Isolated, the three unlikely roommates - a Finn, a
    Russian and a Lapp - overcome both comic and tragic misunderstandings
    to form a passionate three-way...relationship. Because after a day of
    hard work on Anni¹s farm, who needs words?
    Heinrich Galland, Dec 26, 2005
  7. Goro

    moviePig Guest

    Heinrich Galland wrote:

    > In article <5tBrf.1490$>, moviePig
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>Goro wrote:

    >>>Thanks for the help, but that's not it.

    >>That's a relief. I'd thought of NML, but didn't recall that scenario.
    >>
    >>Now, here comes the kind of help you get when you're lost and you ask
    >>some guy who can't admit he hasn't a clue: I think your movie involved
    >>the three of them living by stream in the mountains... through a fairly
    >>harsh winter... there was a primitive shack of some sort... not sure it
    >>was Bosnia either... mostly a comedy, I think, about language, sex, etc.
    >>... and the real bitch is that I think I liked this movie quite a lot...

    > There is a World War II movie that I remember with the same scenario
    > called "The Cuckoo." It synopsis follows:
    >
    > September 1944, in a land torn apart by war, a Finnish sniper is
    > labeled a coward by his compatriots; as punishment, he is nailed to a
    > rock and left to his own devices. Not long after, a disgraced Russian
    > Captain, en route to his court martial, is injured in an accident. Both
    > men are about to find out they have one thing in common. Wounded and
    > emotionally tortured, they are taken in by Anni, a young, resourceful
    > war widow, who offers shelter to one while nursing the other back to
    > health. None of them understands the others' languages, but it doesn't
    > seem to matter. Isolated, the three unlikely roommates - a Finn, a
    > Russian and a Lapp - overcome both comic and tragic misunderstandings
    > to form a passionate three-way...relationship. Because after a day of
    > hard work on Anni¹s farm, who needs words?

    That's undoubtedly the one I was thinking of (...and probably the o.p.,
    too). I'd never have remembered the name... and, even more distressing,
    I seem to have ranked it not particularly high. (It gets a very
    creditable 7.9 at IMDb.) Thanks.

    --

    /---------------------------\
    | YOUR taste at work... |
    moviePig, Dec 26, 2005
  8. Goro

    Goro Guest

    Heinrich Galland wrote:
    > In article <5tBrf.1490$>, moviePig
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > > Goro wrote:

    > > > Thanks for the help, but that's not it.

    > > That's a relief. I'd thought of NML, but didn't recall that scenario.
    > >
    > > Now, here comes the kind of help you get when you're lost and you ask
    > > some guy who can't admit he hasn't a clue: I think your movie involved
    > > the three of them living by stream in the mountains... through a fairly
    > > harsh winter... there was a primitive shack of some sort... not sure it
    > > was Bosnia either... mostly a comedy, I think, about language, sex, etc.
    > > ... and the real bitch is that I think I liked this movie quite a lot...

    > There is a World War II movie that I remember with the same scenario
    > called "The Cuckoo." It synopsis follows:
    >
    > September 1944, in a land torn apart by war, a Finnish sniper is
    > labeled a coward by his compatriots; as punishment, he is nailed to a
    > rock and left to his own devices. Not long after, a disgraced Russian
    > Captain, en route to his court martial, is injured in an accident. Both
    > men are about to find out they have one thing in common. Wounded and
    > emotionally tortured, they are taken in by Anni, a young, resourceful
    > war widow, who offers shelter to one while nursing the other back to
    > health. None of them understands the others' languages, but it doesn't
    > seem to matter. Isolated, the three unlikely roommates - a Finn, a
    > Russian and a Lapp - overcome both comic and tragic misunderstandings
    > to form a passionate three-way...relationship. Because after a day of
    > hard work on Anni¹s farm, who needs words?

    Excellent, Heinrich, I think that's it. I'm gonna try n check it out.

    thanks
    -goro-
    Goro, Dec 26, 2005
  9. Goro

    Jaff Guest

    WHAT'S NML?
    Jaff, Dec 26, 2005
  10. Goro

    Roy L. Fuchs Guest

    On 26 Dec 2005 03:51:26 -0800, "Jaff" <> Gave us:

    >WHAT'S NML?

    Two things, idiot. In Usenet, one should QUOTE the text of the
    portion of the post to which you are responding.

    The second thing is... READ THE THREAD, idiot.

    Next thing you know, this twit will be top-posting... just watch.

    BTW, if that term is another thing you are not familiar with, then you
    also need to do some reading on Usenet posting conventions...
    BEFORE you interlope your ass back into the forum.
    Roy L. Fuchs, Dec 26, 2005
  11. moviePig <> wrote:

    > Goro wrote:
    >
    > > wrote:

    > >>NO MAN'S LAND
    > >>
    > >><http://www.au-cinema.com/No-Man's-Land.htm>
    > >>
    > >>Googling using "bosnia war dvd" found it instantly.

    > > Thanks for the help, but that's not it.

    > That's a relief. I'd thought of NML, but didn't recall that scenario.
    >
    > Now, here comes the kind of help you get when you're lost and you ask
    > some guy who can't admit he hasn't a clue: I think your movie involved
    > the three of them living by stream in the mountains... through a fairly
    > harsh winter... there was a primitive shack of some sort... ultimately
    > an army shows up... not sure it was Bosnia either... mostly a comedy, I
    > think, about language, sex, etc. ... and the real bitch is that I think
    > I liked this movie quite a lot...

    Perhaps one or both of these is "The Cuckoo".
    Frank Malczewski, Dec 26, 2005
  12. Goro

    V S Rawat Guest

    Roy L. Fuchs wrote:

    > On 26 Dec 2005 03:51:26 -0800, "Jaff" <> Gave
    > us:
    >
    > > WHAT'S NML?

    > Two things, idiot. In Usenet, one should QUOTE the text of
    > the portion of the post to which you are responding.
    >
    > The second thing is... READ THE THREAD, idiot.
    >
    > Next thing you know, this twit will be top-posting... just
    > watch.
    >
    > BTW, if that term is another thing you are not familiar with,
    > then you also need to do some reading on Usenet posting
    > conventions... BEFORE you interlope your ass back into the
    > forum.

    I wholeheartedly concede that all the points you have raised are
    perfectly valid.

    just a little thought. I checked and found Jaff has not posted
    any other message in last 10 days at least (that is what I have
    in my reader). Maybe he is a new member, maybe he is a new
    netter. maybe he doesnt even know that what you have mentioned
    is the first point in nettiquette.

    It is not even 24 hours since christman. maybe, you could have
    been more considerate.

    --
    Rawat
    V S Rawat, Dec 27, 2005
  13. Goro

    Guest

    Hey Rawat,

    yeah, im an amateur with certain aspects of google groups, hence such a
    post from me then. well, atleast you conjectured that, instead of
    bellowing straight away like roy. Appreciate that.Maybe christmas is
    the time when roy vents his anger out. and this time i was at the
    receiving end.

    also figured out what NML stood for, without roy's assistance. i have
    seen the movie. Its pretty good. But among all the war movies, i'd go
    for the pianist and apocalypse now, even though their stories are
    completely different.

    , Jan 19, 2006