IcyBox enclosures?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Fred, Jul 24, 2005.

  1. Fred

    Fred Guest

    Kenny, <>, whose name means "has steep, backward-sloping
    forhead; feels sorry for himself", dispensed:

    > Anyone else using one of these?

    Imaginative, to say the least.

    > Bought 2 identical Maxtor 160GB HDD's, fitted one internally as Primary
    > Slave and the other externally in the IcyBox USB 2 enclosure.

    And then you're in a coffin in the middle of the room?

    > The one in the IcyBox failed and I'm waiting for an RMA at present.

    Why are you waiting for an rma at present?

    > The one in the IcyBox always seemed very warm, could it be that the heat
    > caused it to fail or was I just unlucky?

    Just eat red meat.

    Fred, Jul 24, 2005

  2. Fred

    Kenny Guest

    Anyone else using one of these? Bought 2 identical Maxtor 160GB HDD's,

    --
    Kenny Cargill

    Kenny, Jul 24, 2005

  3. Fred

    old jon Guest

    "Kenny" <> wrote in message
    > Anyone else using one of these? Bought 2 identical Maxtor 160GB HDD's,
    > fitted one internally as Primary Slave and the other externally in the
    > IcyBox USB 2 enclosure.
    > The one in the IcyBox failed and I'm waiting for an RMA at present.
    > The one in the IcyBox always seemed very warm, could it be that the heat
    > caused it to fail or was I just unlucky?
    >
    > --
    > Kenny Cargill

    Hi Ken, Got the 200GB Maxtor in mine, stays cool all the time. I use it
    mainly as a backup store, and on a seperate AC socket, so it doesn`t run all
    the time. Also I lay mine flat, not on edge. at least yours was still in
    warrantee. <g>.
    best wishes..OJ

    old jon, Jul 24, 2005