ICT Developer and Administrator vacancy

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by elvirawilson@mail.ru, May 1, 2007.

  1. Guest

    , May 1, 2007

  2. Mara Guest

    On 1 May 2007 14:47:25 -0700, wrote:

    >See vacancy for ICT Developer and Administrator in Wolverhampton, West
    >Midlands: <snip>

    I like the idea of the place. But I won't work for spammers.

    AND I WANT TO KNOW WHY NOT!"
    --glmar04 at twirl.mcc.ac.uk in a.s.r
    Mara, May 2, 2007

  3. Vanguard Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > See vacancy for ICT Developer and Administrator in Wolverhampton, West
    > Midlands: http://www.havenrefuge.org.uk/Vacancies/Vacancies.htm

    Anyone with the credentials that you require won't bother responding to
    an idiot that spams in newsgroups looking for talent. If the talent is
    there, it's pretty easy to market it. If the talent is missing then you
    get exactly what you deserved by spamming your offer here.
    Vanguard, May 2, 2007
  4. Robb Guest

    Mara wrote:
    >On 1 May 2007 14:47:25 -0700, wrote:
    >
    >>See vacancy for ICT Developer and Administrator in Wolverhampton, West
    >>Midlands: <snip>

    >I like the idea of the place. But I won't work for spammers.

    If they're known spammers I agree. If the person who made that post just
    wasn't aware of what "not to do" what's the diff? Looking at the site it needs
    the help, it ought to be done in shades of ivory, beige, tan, and vanilla. :)

    OTOH, maybe I just got sympathetic after reading this pome:
    http://www.havenrefuge.org.uk/Resettlement/Resettlement.htm

    --
    Robb
    Robb, May 2, 2007
  5. Mara Guest

    On Wed, 02 May 2007 00:42:29 +0000, Robb <> wrote:

    >Mara wrote:
    >>On 1 May 2007 14:47:25 -0700, wrote:
    >>
    >>>See vacancy for ICT Developer and Administrator in Wolverhampton, West
    >>>Midlands: <snip>

    >>I like the idea of the place. But I won't work for spammers.

    >If they're known spammers I agree. If the person who made that post just
    >wasn't aware of what "not to do" what's the diff? Looking at the site it needs
    >the help, it ought to be done in shades of ivory, beige, tan, and vanilla. :)
    >
    >OTOH, maybe I just got sympathetic after reading this pome:
    >http://www.havenrefuge.org.uk/Resettlement/Resettlement.htm

    I do agree with the premise of the site, because I've BTDT myself. But today
    there's no excuse for not knowing about spamming - word of it is *everywhere.*
    And in Usenet, as with all things online, it's the *user's* obligation to
    educate him/her/itself *before* they attempt to use groups, etc.. And it would
    take little to no effort to discover that spamming *isn't* the way to win
    people's hearts. So, while I agree with the site and in fact I think there
    should be more like it, I do not agree or condone their method of
    "advertisement." Nor would I work for them - not only did they spam, they didn't
    bother to learn about what they were doing first, and that's a bad business
    model.

    Mara, May 2, 2007