ICS of a WLAN connection

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Neil Barras, Apr 24, 2005.

  1. Neil Barras

    Neil Barras Guest

    Hi all,

    I am building my new Rig. ("Gaming Rig" in signature.) To save initial
    costs, I want to use ICS from my wireless laptop ("New Laptop" in
    signature.) to connect the system to the web. Would I use a Crossover Cat5
    for this? And would the performance be OK? The WLAN is built into the
    Laptop. It is Intel Wlan 2200B/G I think.

    Thanks,

    Neil

    --
    Gaming Rig in development = Athlon 64 3000 @ 1.8GHz, 512MB PC3200, 80GB HD,
    256MB XFX GeForce5500 (From system below), Stock 300w PSU

    Neil Barras, Apr 24, 2005

  2. Neil Barras

    Jack \(MVP\) Guest

    Hi

    If you have a DSL or Cable connection and you have expensive hardware (as you described)
    it does not make sense to save the last $20 and have yourself a “Quirky” solution.

    Get a Wireless Cable/DSL Router: http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Hardware.html

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP\), Apr 24, 2005