ICS help

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Robin Halligan, Aug 13, 2004.

  1. Hi I am trying my heir out in big chunks trying to get Microsoft's
    internet connection shearing working

    The computers

    1 the host
    1 HP Pavilion running XP home
    1 network card
    1 modem
    1 connection to the net (dialup sux)

    2 the client
    1 Compaq Presario running windows ME
    1 network card

    the computers work well the network works we can see eatch other on
    the network games work files transfer both ways

    but when we try to run ICS we get nowhere

    I run the ICS config on the host and set it up as the host.

    i run ics config on the client and set it up as the client

    nothing
    the host can still connect and see the internet but th client cannot
    see anything
    i have followed the help files to no avail
    can anyone on here help as i am about to commit murder on a computer
    thanks Robin

    Rimmer:
    It would be like putting your wedding tackle into a lions mouth whilst
    flicking its love spuds with a wet towel. Total insanity.
    - from "Rimmerworld"

    Robin Halligan, Aug 13, 2004

  2. Robin Halligan

    Rick Ward Guest

    Using a firewall? This usually has to be configured to allow ICS and
    Zonealarm Free (among others) don't make this easy as it is one of the
    reasons they encourage you to upgrade to Plus or Pro.

    Rick Ward, Aug 13, 2004

  3. On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 08:00:29 +1200, "Rick Ward" <>
    wrote:

    >Using a firewall? This usually has to be configured to allow ICS and
    >Zonealarm Free (among others) don't make this easy as it is one of the
    >reasons they encourage you to upgrade to Plus or Pro.

    Ah yes using Zonealarm.
    you wouldnt know how hard to hit zonealarm
    I do have some other firewalls on a mag CD that i can use i will have
    to see wwhat they are

    Robin Halligan, Aug 14, 2004