    how to i remove the blue box around the icons on my desktop

    thanks for your help

    leeroy

    leeroy, Nov 23, 2007

  2. leeroy

    Parrôtt Guest

    "leeroy" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > hi ya all, can some help me please,
    >
    > how to i remove the blue box around the icons on my desktop
    >
    > thanks for your help
    >
    > leeroy

    Try this:
    Right click on My Computer
    select properties
    click the advanced tab
    under performance click on the settings button
    under visual effects click the box that says use drop shadows for icon
    labels on desktop

    Hope this helps

    God Bless... :)

    Parrôtt, Nov 23, 2007

  3. leeroy

    leeroy Guest

    sorry that didnt work, the icon its self has no blue box, but the text does

    leeroy, Nov 23, 2007
  4. leeroy

    Mike Douglas Guest

    Hmm only time I see a blue box is when you single left click on an icon (or
    right click) and the text is surrounded by blue box. Never heard of anyone
    requesting to get rid of it. I also do not think you want to get rid of it.
    If you do how will you know if you selected the icon or not? :eek:)
    Mike D

    Mike Douglas, Nov 28, 2007