    comes with it, only the generic Firefox icon. I've got 20 icons that all
    look the same, which means a lot of time figuring out which one is which.
    The icons show when you drag from IE, why not Firefox? Thanks

    Cueless, Dec 1, 2006

  2. Cueless

    Vangard Guest

    Cueless wrote:
    > When I drag an address onto the desktop to check out later the icon never
    > comes with it, only the generic Firefox icon. I've got 20 icons that all
    > look the same, which means a lot of time figuring out which one is which.
    > The icons show when you drag from IE, why not Firefox? Thanks

    I'll hazard a guess and say because since XP IE is an (irritatingly) integral part of Windows, where as Firefox is a standalone piece of software.

    Vangard, Dec 1, 2006

  3. Cueless

    Cueless Guest

    Ya know, you really don't have to reply to questions that you don't have the
    answer to. I asked a simple question looking for a simple response. You're
    just another anti-microsoft clone who's only answer to anything is that
    Microsoft sucks. If you can't answer a question with a solution, why bother
    responding. Can't you think for yourself? I knew you'd respond to this
    because of my last question about Tabs. Does everyone have to use the
    computer the same as you do?

    Cueless, Dec 1, 2006
  4. Cueless

    Vangard Guest

    Cueless wrote:
    > Ya know, you really don't have to reply to questions that you don't have the
    > answer to. I asked a simple question looking for a simple response. You're
    > just another anti-microsoft clone who's only answer to anything is that
    > Microsoft sucks. If you can't answer a question with a solution, why bother
    > responding. Can't you think for yourself? I knew you'd respond to this
    > because of my last question about Tabs. Does everyone have to use the
    > computer the same as you do?

    I answered your question - Windows won't change when you drag from FF because it's not a built-in part of Windows like IE is.

    PS : You may wish to change your name from Cueless to Clueless.

    Vangard, Dec 1, 2006
  5. Cueless

    Vangard Guest

    Another thing - why are you dragging stuff onto the desktop to look at later anyway? That's what bookmarks/favourites are for, it will not only save the page title in your menu, as well as the pages favicon, thus solving your original "problem".

    .... Now do you have any other stupid computer operating habits that you palm off as software bugs that we can help you with?

    Vangard, Dec 1, 2006
  6. Cueless

    Cueless Guest

    OK, OK. I give up. I'll start using the computer just like you do, instead
    of the way I like. Deal? No need to reply. Ever.

    Cueless, Dec 1, 2006