    Any Help would be appreciated!

    Thanks,
    Rocko

    Rocko, Dec 24, 2003

  2. Rocko

    Rocko Guest

    And by the way shes running windows 98

    "Rocko" <> wrote in message
    news:MX6Gb.4534$...
    > Got a friend who installed more memory in her computer then downloaded

    Kodak
    > Easy Share onto her computer-she used control,alt,Delete to shut programs
    > down and now she doesnt have any Icons on her desktop when she starts
    > computer up. Does anybody have any ideas on what could have cause this and
    > how to fix it. I,m going over tomorrow to take a look at it and see if I

    can

    Rocko, Dec 24, 2003

  3. Rocko

    Neil Guest

    "Rocko" <> wrote in message
    > And by the way shes running windows 98
    >

    > "Rocko" <> wrote in message
    > > Got a friend who installed more memory in her computer then downloaded

    > Kodak
    > > Easy Share onto her computer-she used control,alt,Delete to shut

    programs
    > > down and now she doesnt have any Icons on her desktop when she starts
    > > computer up. Does anybody have any ideas on what could have cause this

    and
    > > how to fix it. I,m going over tomorrow to take a look at it and see if I

    > can
    > > get it going again.
    > > Any Help would be appreciated!
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > > Rocko

    Could be viewing Active Desktop as a web page, with active desktop (Display
    Properties, Effects tab, Hide icons when the desktop is viewed as a Web
    page).

    Else if it is an issue with memory, try here:
    http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q253/9/12.ASP

    Neil, Dec 24, 2003
  4. Try RefreshEm. "Running RefreshEm when they do repairs the Windows Icon
    Cache so that the proper ones are immediately displayed."
    http://camtech2000.com/Pages/Useful.html

    Matthew Morrison, Dec 24, 2003
  5. Rocko

    M Mullen Guest

    On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 20:35:24 -0600, "Rocko" <> wrote:

    |> Got a friend who installed more memory in her computer then downloaded Kodak
    |> Easy Share onto her computer-she used control,alt,Delete to shut programs
    |> down and now she doesnt have any Icons on her desktop when she starts
    |> computer up. Does anybody have any ideas on what could have cause this and
    |> how to fix it. I,m going over tomorrow to take a look at it and see if I can
    |> get it going again.
    |> Any Help would be appreciated!

    Just the background color? control,alt,Delete run taskmgr.exe now either end
    the process that starts with su (I forget the entire name) or just run
    explorer.exe from the taskmanager/file/new process.

    This problem will fix itself.
    --
    ,,
    ( "> w