Icons Turned Into Generic Pix After Installing New Google Earth Vers.

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Bob, Jan 1, 2011.

  1. Bob

    Bob Guest

    Hello,

    Using W7.

    Just updated to the latest version of Google Earth, and it
    automatically, without asking, also installed the Google Chrome Browser.

    I have been using Firefox for my Default Browser, and want to keep it.

    Anyway, I uninstalled Google Chrome.

    All my desktop icons are still there, but now they are all the generic
    picture icons.

    How do I get back the individual icons pix again, please ?

    Thanks,
    Bob

    Bob, Jan 1, 2011

  2. Bob

    Bob Guest

    From Bob: additional note. Re: Icons Turned Into Generic Pix AfterInstalling New Google Earth Vers.

    Forgot to add: The desktop shortcut icons no longer work, either.

    Bob
    -----------------------

    Bob, Jan 1, 2011

  3. Re: From Bob: additional note. Re: Icons Turned Into Generic Pix After Installing New Google Earth Vers.

    Bob wrote:

    > Forgot to add:

    Stop changing the Subject Line. It breaks threading in some newsreaders
    and/or sorting setups. You do *not* need to add "From Bob" in your
    replies. Everyone can see it's you by looking at the "From:" field.

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jan 1, 2011
  4. Bob

    Patrick Guest

    Bob wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > Using W7.
    >
    > Just updated to the latest version of Google Earth, and it
    > automatically, without asking, also installed the Google Chrome
    > Browser.
    > I have been using Firefox for my Default Browser, and want to keep it.
    >
    > Anyway, I uninstalled Google Chrome.
    >
    > All my desktop icons are still there, but now they are all the generic
    > picture icons.
    >
    > How do I get back the individual icons pix again, please ?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Bob

    At this download page;

    http://www.google.co.uk/intl/en_uk/earth/download/ge/agree.html

    There are two 'TickBoxs' allready ticked.
    One is 'Include Google Chrome..
    The Other is 'Make Google Chrome my default browser.'

    You perhaps neglected to *untick* the first ! :)

    As to the damage done, perhaps try a 'System Restore'

    Patrick, Jan 1, 2011
  5. Bob

    Bob Guest

    From OP: Fixed. Re: Icons Turned Into Generic Pix After InstallingNew Google Earth Vers.

    Hi Guys,

    As always, much thanks for help.

    Re-setting Firefox as my Default-Browser made everything "normal" again.

    Bob

    Bob, Jan 1, 2011