  1. Queenie

    Queenie Guest

    How do I remove unwanted icons on my taskbar?

    Queenie, Nov 18, 2007

  2. Queenie wrote:

    > How do I remove unwanted icons on my taskbar?

    The actual Taskbar, or the Quick Launch area, or the Systray (where the
    clock is)? Some specific information would assist in answering your
    question.

    Depends on what they are for... How about removing the program from
    your startup?

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Nov 18, 2007

  3. Queenie

    richard Guest

    On Sun, 18 Nov 2007 04:00:12 GMT, Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

    > Queenie wrote:
    >
    >> How do I remove unwanted icons on my taskbar?

    > The actual Taskbar, or the Quick Launch area, or the Systray (where the
    > clock is)? Some specific information would assist in answering your
    > question.
    >
    > Depends on what they are for... How about removing the program from
    > your startup?

    Removing the program from startup does not remove the other icons, even
    from quicklaunch. They are all independent of each other.

    richard, Nov 18, 2007
  4. Queenie

    richard Guest

    On Sat, 17 Nov 2007 22:23:06 -0500, Queenie wrote:

    > How do I remove unwanted icons on my taskbar?

    Does the program have a "settings" or "preferences" option somewhere?
    You might find a solution there. Do a web search for your OS and "taskbar"
    or "systray".

    richard, Nov 18, 2007
  5. richard wrote:

    > Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >> Queenie wrote:
    >>> How do I remove unwanted icons on my taskbar?

    >> The actual Taskbar, or the Quick Launch area, or the Systray (where
    >> the clock is)? Some specific information would assist in answering
    >> your question.
    >>
    >> Depends on what they are for... How about removing the program from
    >> your startup?

    > Removing the program from startup does not remove the other icons,
    > even from quicklaunch. They are all independent of each other.

    ...which is why I asked the question, RtS.

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Nov 18, 2007
  6. Queenie

    Plato Guest

    Queenie wrote:

    > How do I remove unwanted icons on my taskbar?

    Depends on what OS you are using.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Nov 20, 2007
  7. Queenie

    Ponder Guest

    Hiya Plato.

    In <news:47429515$4$38945$> you wrote:

    >> How do I remove unwanted icons on my taskbar?

    > Depends on what OS you are using.

    The X-Newsreader: header is often (but not always) a clue ;)

    --
    PGP key ID - DSS:0x2661A952

    Ponder, Nov 20, 2007