    Thunderbird Help I couldn't find the answer to the above question.

    TIA
    Ralph

    Ralph, Aug 19, 2007

  2. Ralph

    Timo Salmi Guest

    Ralph <> wrote:
    > What does the red icon asterisk in some Thunderbird newsgroup messages
    > represent? Where can I learn about the new features of 2.06? In
    > Thunderbird Help I couldn't find the answer to the above question.

    Deducting from how it works, it would appear that it indicates the
    messages that have arrived since you last accessed e.g. a newsgroup. If
    you have looked at the group, but not read the messages, when you go
    back the starred messages are only those which have arrived since, while
    all the messages that were unread stay that. Thus the unread messages
    and the new messages may not be the same messages.

    All the best, Timo

    Department of Accounting and Business Finance ; University of Vaasa
    mailto: <http://www.uwasa.fi/~ts/> ; FIN-65101, Finland
    Timo's FAQ materials at http://www.uwasa.fi/~ts/http/tsfaq.html

    Timo Salmi, Aug 19, 2007

  3. Ralph

    Ralph Guest

    Timo Salmi wrote:
    > Ralph <> wrote:
    >> What does the red icon asterisk in some Thunderbird newsgroup messages
    >> represent? Where can I learn about the new features of 2.06? In
    >> Thunderbird Help I couldn't find the answer to the above question.

    > Deducting from how it works, it would appear that it indicates the
    > messages that have arrived since you last accessed e.g. a newsgroup. If
    > you have looked at the group, but not read the messages, when you go
    > back the starred messages are only those which have arrived since, while
    > all the messages that were unread stay that. Thus the unread messages
    > and the new messages may not be the same messages.
    >
    > All the best, Timo

    Thanks!
    Ralph

    Ralph, Aug 19, 2007