    up saying access is denied. Make sure the disk is not write protected and
    that the file is not currently in use. It contains a dialler that will not
    go away. Any ideas?
    Alexander Scott Hamilton, Jul 8, 2003

  2. Alexander Scott Hamilton

    ooyah Guest

    "ooyah" <> wrote in message
    news:kkAOa.5134$...
    > "Alexander Scott Hamilton" <> wrote in message
    > > I have this icon on the desktop and when I try to delete it a message

    pops
    > > up saying access is denied. Make sure the disk is not write protected

    and
    > > that the file is not currently in use. It contains a dialler that will

    > not
    > > go away. Any ideas?
    > >

    > hello
    >
    > drop to a command line and try deleting it from there or boot into safe

    mode
    > and try deleting it from there
    >
    > cheers

    hello again

    sorry forgot to add - check if theres a read-only flag on it, if there is
    take it off and try deleting it

    cheers
    ooyah, Jul 8, 2003

  3. What does"drop to a command line and try deleting it" mean? Is it F8 to go
    in to safe mode with all operating systems? cheers

    Alexander Scott Hamilton, Jul 8, 2003
  4. Alexander Scott Hamilton

    ooyah Guest

    hello

    start > run > type 'command' or 'cmd' without the 's ( depends which windows
    os you are running )

    in the command window navigate to your desktop directory using the cd
    command ( type 'cd /?' for help )

    once in the desktop directory type 'dir /p/w' to list all the files on your
    desktop

    try using the del command ( del /? for help ) to delete the offending file

    yep. f8 for most windows oses

    regards

    ooyah, Jul 8, 2003
  5. Alexander Scott Hamilton

    °Mike° Guest

    How do I delete an 'undeletable' file
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_d.htm#del

    Disk Management - Delete Undeletable Files
    http://www.petri.co.il/delete_undeletable_files.htm

    On Tue, 8 Jul 2003 14:03:54 +0000 (UTC), in
    <beej09$jvg$>
    Alexander Scott Hamilton scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance