    question before, so there is no need for a reply from the person who only
    answers that IE sucks or that there is no reason to drag it to your desktop,
    you can just bookmark it.

    Cueless, Jun 9, 2007

  2. Cueless wrote:
    > When I drag a url from the address bar in IE it leaves the page's icon on
    > the desktop. Is there a way to do this with Firefox? I have asked this
    > question before, so there is no need for a reply from the person who only
    > answers that IE sucks or that there is no reason to drag it to your desktop,
    > you can just bookmark it.

    From memory you got the correct answer last time you brought this up.

    - You can only do this with IE because the way Microsoft set up IE to be
    such an integral part of the operating system.

    It's a Windows thing as opposed to a FF thing.

    BigOleBadAssBob, Jun 9, 2007

  3. Cueless

    G.W.Clay Guest

    On Fri, 8 Jun 2007 21:16:45 -0400, "Cueless" <> wrote:

    >When I drag a url from the address bar in IE it leaves the page's icon on
    >the desktop. Is there a way to do this with Firefox? I have asked this
    >question before, so there is no need for a reply from the person who only
    >answers that IE sucks or that there is no reason to drag it to your desktop,
    >you can just bookmark it.

    Say thanks in advance.

    G.W.Clay, Jun 9, 2007
  4. Cueless

    Rom Guest

    On Fri, 8 Jun 2007 21:16:45 -0400, Cueless wrote:

    > When I drag a url from the address bar in IE it leaves the page's icon on
    > the desktop. Is there a way to do this with Firefox?

    This discussion and links may be of interest:
    <http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=553005>

    --
    Rom

    Rom, Jun 9, 2007
  5. Cueless

    Guest

    On Jun 8, 6:16 pm, "Cueless" <> wrote:
    > When I drag a url from the address bar in IE it leaves the page's icon on
    > the desktop. Is there a way to do this with Firefox? I have asked this
    > question before, so there is no need for a reply from the person who only
    > answers that IE sucks or that there is no reason to drag it to your desktop,
    > you can just bookmark it.

    you do the exact same thing in IE as you do with FF. Jsut grab the
    icon, and drag it to the desktop.

    , Jun 9, 2007