    Any ideas how to correct it.
    Win xp sp2
    T.I.A

    GUFFREY, Nov 7, 2005

  2. On Mon, 7 Nov 2005 20:51:13 +0000 (UTC), "GUFFREY" <>
    wrote:

    >Hi all,
    >When i double click my computer my d drive which is a partition of my c
    >drive does not display a drive icon.
    >The icon it displays is similar to when you have an unknown file type on
    >your pc.
    >All my other drives have the correct icons except this one.
    >Any ideas how to correct it.
    >Win xp sp2
    >T.I.A

    you could use TweakUI for XP and choose the rebuild icons option.

    unluckylanding, Nov 7, 2005

  3. GUFFREY

    GUFFREY Guest

    "unluckylanding" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 7 Nov 2005 20:51:13 +0000 (UTC), "GUFFREY" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Hi all,
    >>When i double click my computer my d drive which is a partition of my c
    >>drive does not display a drive icon.
    >>The icon it displays is similar to when you have an unknown file type on
    >>your pc.
    >>All my other drives have the correct icons except this one.
    >>Any ideas how to correct it.
    >>Win xp sp2
    >>T.I.A
    >>

    > you could use TweakUI for XP and choose the rebuild icons option.

    No that didnt work , thanks for the suggestion.

    GUFFREY, Nov 7, 2005
  4. GUFFREY

    Chris Guest

    I don't kno wif this will work, but you may tryopening My Computer then
    Tools/Folder Options/File Types... look for the DRIVE (there will be no
    actual extension), change the icon of all drives to something else...
    apply..then change the DRIVE icon back to the original. This may work.

    Chris, Nov 7, 2005
  5. GUFFREY

    Trax Guest

    "GUFFREY" <> wrote:

    |>Hi all,
    |>When i double click my computer my d drive which is a partition of my c
    |>drive does not display a drive icon.
    |>The icon it displays is similar to when you have an unknown file type on
    |>your pc.
    |>All my other drives have the correct icons except this one.
    |>Any ideas how to correct it.
    |>Win xp sp2
    |>T.I.A

    Look at the root of the D: drive, and see if there is a Autorun.inf
    file, if so delete it. and reboot.
    (D:\autorun.inf)

    --
    Blue Ball Machine
    http://blueballfixed.ytmnd.com/

    Trax, Nov 7, 2005
  6. GUFFREY

    Shep© Guest

    On Mon, 07 Nov 2005 15:46:35 -0800 If you fall from a tree,leave your
    anger on the branch and then Trax <> sent
    this :

    > "GUFFREY" <> wrote:
    >
    >|>Hi all,
    >|>When i double click my computer my d drive which is a partition of my c
    >|>drive does not display a drive icon.
    >|>The icon it displays is similar to when you have an unknown file type on
    >|>your pc.
    >|>All my other drives have the correct icons except this one.
    >|>Any ideas how to correct it.
    >|>Win xp sp2
    >|>T.I.A
    >|>

    >Look at the root of the D: drive, and see if there is a Autorun.inf
    >file, if so delete it. and reboot.
    > (D:\autorun.inf)

    Good call.They can cause no end of silly niggles!

    --
    Free Windows/PC help,

    Shep©, Nov 8, 2005