    I am not to sure what else to try.

    Cheers guys

    Gareth

    Gareth not NLL or anybody else., May 25, 2004

  2. Gareth not NLL or anybody else.

    °Mike° Guest

    The icons you have boxed are like that because they
    don't have many colours in them to begin with.

    Besides that, why the hell have you got so many icons
    on your desktop, taking up all those resources?

    On Tue, 25 May 2004 17:14:00 +0100, in
    <>
    Gareth not NLL or anybody else. scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, May 25, 2004

  3. Gareth not NLL or anybody else. wrote:

    > I am having a problem with the icons on my pc.(Win200)
    > They are not being displayed properly. See pic on this link
    > http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~jjwood/prob.jpg
    > They seem to be not using all the colours.
    > I have boxed the worse ones in the pic
    > My resolution is set to its highest and the coulour quality is set to 32
    > bit.
    > I have set in the effects tab of display properties for icons to be
    > displayed in all available colours.
    >
    > I have found the shelliconcache file and deleted that. i have also
    > increased the icon cache to its maximum.
    > I am using the latest video drivers for my graphics card (GF2 MX 400 stop
    > laughing i am poor)
    > I have also used the rebuild icons thing in tweakUI
    > I am not to sure what else to try.

    Have you ever seen those particular icons in different colors?
    Did you notice that other icons use more colors?
    Did you notice that your background picture shows a lot of colors?

    The colors you see are the colors the icons use. Get used to it.

    --
    Gary G. Taylor * Rialto, CA

    Gary G. Taylor, May 25, 2004
  4. >
    > Have you ever seen those particular icons in different colors?
    > Did you notice that other icons use more colors?
    > Did you notice that your background picture shows a lot of colors?
    >
    > The colors you see are the colors the icons use. Get used to it.
    >
    > --
    > Gary G. Taylor * Rialto, CA
    > gary at donavan dot org / http:// geetee dot donavan dot org
    > "The two most abundant things in the universe
    > are hydrogen and stupidity." --Harlan Ellison

    I have looked at my mates pc after he installed the same programs and they
    have the same icon :-(
    I guess since the msn messenger ones changed i was looking for others that
    didn't look right.
    I am currently using msn messenger 6.2 but it looks as though the icons it
    is using, are ones from older versions like 4.0
    Could it be possible that the icons or msn messenger has been corrupted?

    Oh yeah i have moved all the icons apart from the 10 most used into a folder
    now so it looks a bit cleaner and i got rid of that poor background :D

    Cheers Mike and Gary

    Gareth

    Gareth not NLL or anybody else., May 26, 2004
  5. Gareth not NLL or anybody else.

    °Mike° Guest

    On Wed, 26 May 2004 09:16:22 +0100, in
    <>
    Gareth not NLL or anybody else. scrawled:

    <snip>

    >Oh yeah i have moved all the icons apart from the 10 most used into a folder
    >now so it looks a bit cleaner and i got rid of that poor background :D
    >
    >Cheers Mike and Gary

    You're welcome.

    --
    Basic computer maintenance