    that will be uggly! i look for a nicer solution.)

    coco

    --
    CoCo, Jan 3, 2004

  2. CoCo

    Boomer Guest

    "CoCo" <> wrote in
    news:_6vJb.3017$:

    > hi
    >
    > i got some cd-rw's with a lot of programs on and when i put one in
    > it will take very long time for xp to fetch all icons to the exe
    > files. i mean long time ~1-2min (partly because the rw is
    > udf/multisession).
    >
    > xp shows the files first with a generic icon (fast, appr. 10~20s).
    > any way of disabling or preventing xp to use the inkluded icons of
    > the exe-files? (and only on cd's)
    >
    > (it's possibly to change defaulticon reg key for exe to a
    > shellfileicon but that will be uggly! i look for a nicer
    > solution.)
    >
    > coco

    Why are you starting a new thread?
    Boomer, Jan 3, 2004

  3. CoCo

    CoCo Guest

    hi

    hmm.. bec no real answer was given in the other thread...
    it's not a problem with the iconcache size.

    coco

    CoCo, Jan 3, 2004
  4. CoCo

    Boomer Guest

    "CoCo" <> wrote in

    > hi
    >
    > hmm.. bec no real answer was given in the other thread...

    Thats no reason to start a new thread.

    Boomer, Jan 3, 2004
  5. CoCo

    °Mike° Guest

    Yes it is.

    On Sat, 3 Jan 2004 10:13:51 +0100, in
    <gJvJb.3021$>
    CoCo scrawled:

    >hi
    >
    >hmm.. bec no real answer was given in the other thread...
    >it's not a problem with the iconcache size.
    >
    >coco
    >
    >"Boomer" <> skrev i meddelandet
    >> "CoCo" <> wrote in
    >>
    >> > hi
    >> >
    >> > i got some cd-rw's with a lot of programs on and when i put one in
    >> > it will take very long time for xp to fetch all icons to the exe
    >> > files. i mean long time ~1-2min (partly because the rw is
    >> > udf/multisession).
    >> >
    >> > xp shows the files first with a generic icon (fast, appr. 10~20s).
    >> > any way of disabling or preventing xp to use the inkluded icons of
    >> > the exe-files? (and only on cd's)
    >> >
    >> > (it's possibly to change defaulticon reg key for exe to a
    >> > shellfileicon but that will be uggly! i look for a nicer
    >> > solution.)
    >> >
    >> > coco

    >> Why are you starting a new thread?

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Jan 3, 2004
  6. CoCo

    Trax Guest

    On Sat, 3 Jan 2004 09:33:02 +0100, "CoCo" <> wrote:

    |>hi
    |>
    |>i got some cd-rw's with a lot of programs on and when i put one in it will
    |>take very long time for xp to fetch all icons to the exe files. i mean long
    |>time ~1-2min (partly because the rw is udf/multisession).
    |>
    |>xp shows the files first with a generic icon (fast, appr. 10~20s).
    |>any way of disabling or preventing xp to use the inkluded icons of the
    |>exe-files? (and only on cd's)

    Try a third party approach:
    http://www.whereisit-soft.com/

    http://www.whereisit-soft.com/history.html:
    "The second new plugin type handles automated importing and storing of custom
    icons to be used for disks or folders in catalog instead of the default system
    icons. These plugins could be used to provide customized icons for drive or
    media of specific type, assign special icons to folders found to be holding
    certain kind of data, etc. A new plugin of this category has been included in
    the DescPlugin module, importing custom disk icons based on disk's autorun
    information."

    It's a CD cataloger, I use this for my "Shareware" and it works very well.

    |>(it's possibly to change defaulticon reg key for exe to a shellfileicon but
    |>that will be uggly! i look for a nicer solution.)

    Explained in the first post and threads.

    --
    ,,
    ( "> w "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life
    Trax, Jan 4, 2004
  7. CoCo

    CoCo Guest

    hi

    thanx for that program. it present a way around my problem. (offline
    cd/other media database)

    coco

    CoCo, Jan 5, 2004