    taskbar properties to customize notifications but that icon is no longer
    listed! if you know how to, can you please tell me how to get it back?!?!
    THANKS for your time!!!

    =?Utf-8?B?c3RhcmJ1Y2tzYWRkaWN0?=, Jun 3, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?c3RhcmJ1Y2tzYWRkaWN0?=

    oldguy Guest

    Dear Starbucksaddict,

    I believe that you're looking for something that's not part of standard
    Windows. It may belong to the proprietary driver of the wireless adapter
    you're using, or to a small add-on utility installed by your computer
    vendor. In standard windows, I have never seen anything more than a
    microscopic computer icon which is lit or unlit depending on the traffic.

    Good luck,

    Engin

    "starbucksaddict" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    oldguy, Jun 3, 2005

  3. Open Network Connections, open Properties of your wireless connection by
    right clicking on it, choose Show Icon.

    =?Utf-8?B?TWFyeQ==?=, Jun 3, 2005

    =?Utf-8?B?d2FsZGlyIHRyaW5kYWRl?=, Jun 4, 2005
  5. These comments are appreciated but they dont give any help in solving the
    problem I have same problem with bars not being there anymore if you know
    how to fix this problem please let me know. Thanks

    =?Utf-8?B?Sm9obiBCcm9va3M=?=, Jun 6, 2005
  6. =?Utf-8?B?c3RhcmJ1Y2tzYWRkaWN0?=

    Malke Guest

    John Brooks wrote:

    > These comments are appreciated but they dont give any help in solving
    > the problem I have same problem with bars not being there anymore if
    > you know how to fix this problem please let me know. Thanks
    >

    > "starbucksaddict" wrote:
    >
    >> i can't get the little icon that consists of 4 or so gray bars which
    >> signify the strength of my wireless connection to display, where the
    >> bars go from red
    >> yellow or green depending on how strong the connection is. I even
    >> went to taskbar properties to customize notifications but that icon
    >> is no longer listed! if you know how to, can you please tell me how
    >> to get it back?!?! THANKS for your time!!!

    Actually, these comments are right on target, especially those of "old
    guy". The "little bars" you are talking about probably are generated by
    third-party wireless connectivity software as they aren't coming from
    Windows. Contact your laptop mftr.'s tech support or make sure you
    aren't using Windows to manage your wireless. Since neither you or the
    original poster provided any informaton about what wireless hardware
    you *are* running, you can't get more specific advice.

    BTW, the fact that you have posted your real unmunged email address on
    Usenet means that you are now going to get *lots* more spam. Here's a
    link to help:

    http://www.mailmsg.com/SPAM_munging.htm

    Malke
    --