ICMP Router Discovery

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Paul, Nov 7, 2003.

  1. Paul

    Paul Guest

    Should the default gateway appear when you do a ipconfig
    command when the default gateway has been assigned via
    ICMP router discovery.

    Setup
    1 x DC (Win2K Server)
    1 x PC (Win2K Pro)

    RRAS installed on Server
    IP Address & Subnet Mask assigned via DHCP on Server
    No D/G assigned on scope options

    I am running a packet sniffer on PC and am seeing the ICMP
    messages arrive, however, when I do a IP config command
    the D/G does not show up.

    I can, of course, ping the server as it is on the same n/w
    Does anyone know if the D/G should show up when running IP
    config command.

    Regards

    Paul
    Paul, Nov 7, 2003