    but this is a science fiction mid-'80s flick. Has Universal been doing
    much of this?

    - Paul
    Paul, Jan 7, 2005

  2. "Paul" <> wrote in message
    news:AAtDd.464$...

    > It looks like last week's release of the Timothy Hutton film Iceman is out
    > only in fullscreen - that can't be, can it? I've checked Netflix, Amazon,
    > Ebay. etc. and no one has a wide screen version. For a kid's movie, maybe
    > but this is a science fiction mid-'80s flick. Has Universal been doing
    > much of this?

    The twats at universal are doing a lot of this apparently:

    http://www.widescreenadvocate.org/news/news.php

    Universal Makes A Colossal Mistake!
    Sun, December 26, 2004
    I was just alerted that Universal Home Video released Colossus: The
    Forbidden Project in Fullscreen only just last month! With their upcoming
    release of Iceman this Tuesday, also in Fullscreen only, it seems that
    Universal is forsaking quality and ignoring a large segment of the market.
    Do they really think that people shopping at Wal-Mart looking for Fullscreen
    DVDs will pick up a film like Colossus or Iceman? If this trend continues,
    then I would say that Universal will soon become just as bad as Columbia.
    Patrick Michael, Jan 7, 2005