Iceland

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by dc, Sep 1, 2010.

  1. dc

    dc Guest

    dc, Sep 1, 2010

  2. dc

    sid Guest

    sid, Sep 1, 2010

  3. In article <4c7ea638$0$5421$>,
    dc <> wrote:

    > Iceland : a new gallery on my website
    >
    > http://dc.images.pagesperso-orange.fr/Islande/Islaccueil.htm
    >
    > and also :
    >
    > Afghanistan, Burma, Ivory Coast, Denmark, USA, Easter Island, India,
    > Indonesia, Iran, , Nepal, Norway, New-Zeeland, Pakistan, French
    > Polynesia, Turkey, France .....

    Nice pics, though it would be nice to see more people.

    The link for "Blue Lagoon" is spelled wrong.
    Kevin McMurtrie, Sep 2, 2010
  4. dc

    dc Guest

    Le 02/09/2010 02:44, Kevin McMurtrie a écrit :
    > In article<4c7ea638$0$5421$>,
    > dc<> wrote:
    >
    >> Iceland : a new gallery on my website
    >>
    >> http://dc.images.pagesperso-orange.fr/Islande/Islaccueil.htm
    >>
    >> and also :
    >>
    >> Afghanistan, Burma, Ivory Coast, Denmark, USA, Easter Island, India,
    >> Indonesia, Iran, , Nepal, Norway, New-Zeeland, Pakistan, French
    >> Polynesia, Turkey, France .....

    > Nice pics, though it would be nice to see more people.
    >
    > The link for "Blue Lagoon" is spelled wrong.

    Thank you. The link is fixed.
    dc, Sep 2, 2010
  5. dc

    Peter Guest

    "Kevin McMurtrie" <> wrote in message
    > In article <4c7ea638$0$5421$>,
    > dc <> wrote:
    >
    >> Iceland : a new gallery on my website
    >>
    >> http://dc.images.pagesperso-orange.fr/Islande/Islaccueil.htm
    >>
    >> and also :
    >>
    >> Afghanistan, Burma, Ivory Coast, Denmark, USA, Easter Island, India,
    >> Indonesia, Iran, , Nepal, Norway, New-Zeeland, Pakistan, French
    >> Polynesia, Turkey, France .....

    > Nice pics, though it would be nice to see more people.

    It seems to me that if we include people in a landscape shot it could easily
    become a photo of people. If I am doing a landscape I might include a
    person, possibly as a means to add perspective. In this case the vast
    majority of shots are strong enough to stand on their own.

    --
    Peter
    Peter, Sep 2, 2010
  6. dc

    John Albert Guest

    John Albert, Sep 2, 2010
  7. In article <4c7f8d96$0$5555$-secrets.com>,
    "Peter" <> wrote:

    > "Kevin McMurtrie" <> wrote in message
    > > In article <4c7ea638$0$5421$>,
    > > dc <> wrote:
    > >
    > >> Iceland : a new gallery on my website
    > >>
    > >> http://dc.images.pagesperso-orange.fr/Islande/Islaccueil.htm
    > >>
    > >> and also :
    > >>
    > >> Afghanistan, Burma, Ivory Coast, Denmark, USA, Easter Island, India,
    > >> Indonesia, Iran, , Nepal, Norway, New-Zeeland, Pakistan, French
    > >> Polynesia, Turkey, France .....

    > > Nice pics, though it would be nice to see more people.
    > >

    > It seems to me that if we include people in a landscape shot it could easily
    > become a photo of people. If I am doing a landscape I might include a
    > person, possibly as a means to add perspective. In this case the vast
    > majority of shots are strong enough to stand on their own.

    Hah, it doesn't all have to be in one photo. I saw mostly landscape
    photos and wondered how the people lived there.
    Kevin McMurtrie, Sep 3, 2010
  8. dc

    > In article <4c7f8d96$0$5555$-secrets.com>,
    > "Peter" <> wrote:
    >
    >> "Kevin McMurtrie" <> wrote in message

    >> > Nice pics, though it would be nice to see more people.
    >> >

    >> It seems to me that if we include people in a landscape shot it could
    >> easily
    >> become a photo of people. If I am doing a landscape I might include a
    >> person, possibly as a means to add perspective. In this case the vast
    >> majority of shots are strong enough to stand on their own.

    > Hah, it doesn't all have to be in one photo. I saw mostly landscape
    > photos and wondered how the people lived there.

    That is a different issue. I don't think that people in a place photography
    is
    landscape photography. It falls more into the category of photo journalism.

    There are some interesting comments in Wikipedia on the question. Note the
    comments about people, which I think should only be incorporated in a
    landscape, if they are part of the landscape, or add perspective.

    "Landscape photography is a genre intended to show different spaces within
    the world, sometimes vast and unending, but other times microscopic. This
    popular style of photography is practiced by professionals and amateurs
    alike. Photographs typically capture the presence of nature and are often
    free of man-made obstructions. Landscape photographers usually attempt to
    convey an appreciation of the world.

    Many landscape photographers show little or no human activity in their
    photos, striving to attain pure, unsullied landscapes[1] that are devoid of
    human influence, using instead subjects such as strongly defined landforms,
    weather, and ambient light. Despite this, there is no pure or absolute
    definition of what makes a landscape in photography, as such it has become
    very broad term, encompassing urban, industrial, macro and nature
    photography. A beach full of parasols and sunbathers can be a landscape
    photo, but so can the view through an electron microscope, which shows a
    different type of landscape. Waterfalls and mountains are especially popular
    in classic landscape photography, often calling for Large Format cameras[2]
    and neutral density or polarizing filters. Though many photographs are
    inspired by traditional landscape painting, the term in photography broader;
    most places and things can be photographed as a landscape, a kitchen, a
    lamp, a wall, or even the human body[3] can be turned into a rolling vista
    by a skilled photographer."

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landscape_photography

    --
    Peter