Iceland

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Gaston, Jul 4, 2008.

  1. Gaston

    Gaston Guest

    Gaston, Jul 4, 2008

  2. "Gaston" <> wrote in news:486ea2ce$0$12272
    $:

    > I did put some photographs from Iceland on my website.
    > Who wants to look, You are welcome.
    > Gaston
    >
    > http://www.gastoncorbeau.nl/IJsland/HTML/index.htm

    Nice! I should look into plane ticket prices to Iceland. I landed there
    once but it was just to refuel and wasn't even allowed off the plane.
    Is it expensive there for tourists or reasonable?
    The Coward Robert Ford, Jul 5, 2008

  3. Gaston

    tony cooper Guest

    On Fri, 04 Jul 2008 23:47:23 GMT, The Coward Robert Ford
    <> wrote:

    >"Gaston" <> wrote in news:486ea2ce$0$12272
    >$:
    >
    >> I did put some photographs from Iceland on my website.
    >> Who wants to look, You are welcome.
    >> Gaston
    >>
    >> http://www.gastoncorbeau.nl/IJsland/HTML/index.htm
    >>

    >Nice! I should look into plane ticket prices to Iceland. I landed there
    >once but it was just to refuel and wasn't even allowed off the plane.
    >Is it expensive there for tourists or reasonable?

    I was on a flight from Copenhagen to Orlando that stopped for a few
    hours in Reykjavik. Not enough time to do any sightseeing. That is
    one of the most boring airports in the world.
    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    tony cooper, Jul 5, 2008
  4. Gaston

    Guest

    On Fri, 04 Jul 2008 21:20:44 -0400, tony cooper <> wrote:

    > I was on a flight from Copenhagen to Orlando that stopped for a few
    > hours in Reykjavik. Not enough time to do any sightseeing. That is
    > one of the most boring airports in the world.

    Try Auckland, it is the most boring on the planet!
    , Jul 5, 2008
  5. Gaston

    Poldie Guest

    tony cooper wrote:
    > On Fri, 04 Jul 2008 23:47:23 GMT, The Coward Robert Ford
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> "Gaston" <> wrote in news:486ea2ce$0$12272
    >> $:
    >>
    >>> I did put some photographs from Iceland on my website.
    >>> Who wants to look, You are welcome.
    >>> Gaston
    >>>
    >>> http://www.gastoncorbeau.nl/IJsland/HTML/index.htm
    >>>

    >> Nice! I should look into plane ticket prices to Iceland. I landed there
    >> once but it was just to refuel and wasn't even allowed off the plane.
    >> Is it expensive there for tourists or reasonable?

    > I was on a flight from Copenhagen to Orlando that stopped for a few
    > hours in Reykjavik. Not enough time to do any sightseeing. That is
    > one of the most boring airports in the world.

    Heathrow is pretty dull. I swear it's been under repair or
    reconstruction or whatever for 15 years - cordoned off areas, ugly
    `temporary` wooden barriers/walls everywhere, but it's still not
    finished and it still sucks!
    Poldie, Jul 5, 2008
  6. Gaston

    SteveTBM® Guest

    >> I was on a flight from Copenhagen to Orlando that stopped for a few
    >> hours in Reykjavik. Not enough time to do any sightseeing. That is
    >> one of the most boring airports in the world.

    > Try Auckland, it is the most boring on the planet!

    I see your Auckland and I raise you Belfast International...

    SteveTBM
    SteveTBM®, Jul 5, 2008
  7. Gaston

    tony cooper Guest

    On Sat, 05 Jul 2008 09:32:44 +0100, Poldie <_.@._> wrote:

    >tony cooper wrote:
    >> On Fri, 04 Jul 2008 23:47:23 GMT, The Coward Robert Ford
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> "Gaston" <> wrote in news:486ea2ce$0$12272
    >>> $:

    >>> Nice! I should look into plane ticket prices to Iceland. I landed there
    >>> once but it was just to refuel and wasn't even allowed off the plane.
    >>> Is it expensive there for tourists or reasonable?

    >> I was on a flight from Copenhagen to Orlando that stopped for a few
    >> hours in Reykjavik. Not enough time to do any sightseeing. That is
    >> one of the most boring airports in the world.

    >Heathrow is pretty dull. I swear it's been under repair or
    >reconstruction or whatever for 15 years - cordoned off areas, ugly
    >`temporary` wooden barriers/walls everywhere, but it's still not
    >finished and it still sucks!

    Heathrow is not, to me, boring. Physically, it lacks charm, but the
    constant bustle and parade of people of various types and in various
    costume provide much to look at. As a hobbyist photographer, I always
    wish I could take candid photographs from some unseen position.

    Reykjavik's airport, though, is a sterile space that is usually
    occupied by mostly people from the same flight that you are on; people
    you've already seen.
    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    tony cooper, Jul 5, 2008
  8. Gaston

    Vagabond Guest

    tony cooper wrote:
    > On Sat, 05 Jul 2008 09:32:44 +0100, Poldie <_.@._> wrote:
    >
    >> tony cooper wrote:

    >>> I was on a flight from Copenhagen to Orlando that stopped for a few
    >>> hours in Reykjavik. Not enough time to do any sightseeing. That is
    >>> one of the most boring airports in the world.

    >> Heathrow is pretty dull. I swear it's been under repair or
    >> reconstruction or whatever for 15 years - cordoned off areas, ugly
    >> `temporary` wooden barriers/walls everywhere, but it's still not
    >> finished and it still sucks!

    > Heathrow is not, to me, boring. Physically, it lacks charm, but the
    > constant bustle and parade of people of various types and in various
    > costume provide much to look at. As a hobbyist photographer, I always
    > wish I could take candid photographs from some unseen position.

    Maybe this is what you need. ;)

    With good light they work quite well. http://tinyurl.com/5zogle

    Of course you don't have to take sneaky pictures of girls in bikinis, as
    shown in the ad, there are all kind of uses that are less likely to offend.

    Regards

    Tony
    Vagabond, Jul 5, 2008
  9. Gaston

    Robert Coe Guest

    :
    : >tony cooper wrote:
    : >> On Fri, 04 Jul 2008 23:47:23 GMT, The Coward Robert Ford
    : >> <> wrote:
    : >>
    : >>> "Gaston" <> wrote in news:486ea2ce$0$12272
    : >>> $:
    : >>>
    : >>>> I did put some photographs from Iceland on my website.
    : >>>> Who wants to look, You are welcome.
    : >>>> Gaston
    : >>>>
    : >>>> http://www.gastoncorbeau.nl/IJsland/HTML/index.htm
    : >>>>
    : >>>>
    : >>>>
    : >>> Nice! I should look into plane ticket prices to Iceland. I landed there
    : >>> once but it was just to refuel and wasn't even allowed off the plane.
    : >>> Is it expensive there for tourists or reasonable?
    : >>
    : >> I was on a flight from Copenhagen to Orlando that stopped for a few
    : >> hours in Reykjavik. Not enough time to do any sightseeing. That is
    : >> one of the most boring airports in the world.
    : >
    : >Heathrow is pretty dull. I swear it's been under repair or
    : >reconstruction or whatever for 15 years - cordoned off areas, ugly
    : >`temporary` wooden barriers/walls everywhere, but it's still not
    : >finished and it still sucks!
    :
    : Heathrow is not, to me, boring. Physically, it lacks charm, but the
    : constant bustle and parade of people of various types and in various
    : costume provide much to look at. As a hobbyist photographer, I always
    : wish I could take candid photographs from some unseen position.
    :
    : Reykjavik's airport, though, is a sterile space that is usually
    : occupied by mostly people from the same flight that you are on; people
    : you've already seen.

    All right, back on topic here, folks!! What airports, if any, DO have anything
    worth photographing?

    Bob
    Robert Coe, Jul 5, 2008
  10. Gaston

    bugalugs Guest

    wrote:
    > On Fri, 04 Jul 2008 21:20:44 -0400, tony cooper <> wrote:
    >
    >> I was on a flight from Copenhagen to Orlando that stopped for a few
    >> hours in Reykjavik. Not enough time to do any sightseeing. That is
    >> one of the most boring airports in the world.

    > Try Auckland, it is the most boring on the planet!

    The people of Auckland are known as 'jafas' by the rest of New Zealand

    jafas = Just Another F**ken Aucklander

    (A Jaffa is a very popular local sweet; solid chocolate centre, orange
    coating, 'bout the size of a marble)
    bugalugs, Jul 6, 2008
  11. Gaston

    Poldie Guest

    bugalugs wrote:
    > (A Jaffa is a very popular local sweet; solid chocolate centre, orange
    > coating, 'bout the size of a marble)

    Best microwaved for 5-10 seconds. (Watch you don't burn the roof of your
    mouth with the resulting napalm, though.)
    Poldie, Jul 6, 2008
  12. Robert Coe wrote:
    []
    > All right, back on topic here, folks!! What airports, if any, DO have
    > anything worth photographing?
    >
    > Bob

    Stansted (UK) used to be, and some of the architectural aspects of Charles
    de Gaulle (France) are interesting, but Kuala Lumpur is stunning.

    David
    David J Taylor, Jul 6, 2008
  13. Gaston

    Hans Kruse Guest

    "Gaston" <> wrote in message
    >I did put some photographs from Iceland on my website.
    > Who wants to look, You are welcome.
    > Gaston
    >
    > http://www.gastoncorbeau.nl/IJsland/HTML/index.htm

    Yes, Iceland is a beautiful country and there are many nice scenes. As a
    general comment to your pictures, I think it would help a lot if you worked
    more on your composition and post processing.

    --
    Med venlig hilsen/Kind regards,
    Hans Kruse www.hanskruse.com, http://hans-kruse.blogspot.com/
    Hans Kruse, Jul 6, 2008
  14. Gaston

    The Martian Guest

    And no Garbage Cans :(

    The Martian, Jul 9, 2008
  15. Gaston

    The Martian Guest

    Thanks for the Wonderful Pictures Gaston

    The Martian, Jul 9, 2008