Ice is Melting Somewhere!

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del, Feb 14, 2010.

  1. There was never really an Ice Age or a warming period in the history of
    Earth. There was never an ice sheet stretching down into present day
    Kentucky that eventually receded due to *global warming*; it's all a
    lie dreamed up by Neo-Con Earth Haters.

    The Earth started out just like it is now, the only problem being is
    that stupid Americans have warmed it up almost beyond repair in the last
    21.8 years.

    Stupid Americans with their cars and plastic bags and electricity and
    jobs and such have made the global temperature rise by about 50 degrees
    and we are all about to die, for sure.

    There had never been any long term changes in the climate of Earth until
    stupid Americans came along with their stupid rubber tires and
    factories.

    Now, thanks to them, the clouds are dying, rain is evaporating, holes
    are forming in the sky and it is getting really, really hot. It is the
    end of times and things are really bad.

    Changes must be made and taxes must be levied and offsets must be bought
    to keep the climate the way it is right now and stop the holes from
    growing. We must act before it is too late.
    --
    All of Usenet is in a psychological, emotional, and antisocial free fall
    into an abyss and fully immersed in a drowning pool of mental illness.
    Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del, Feb 14, 2010

  2. Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del

    doS Guest

    most tires are made in china dumbass

    doS, Feb 14, 2010

  3. On Sat, 13 Feb 2010 19:15:19 -0600, philo <> wrote:

    >Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del wrote:
    >> There was never really an Ice Age or a warming period in the history of
    >> Earth. There was never an ice sheet stretching down into present day
    >> Kentucky that eventually receded due to *global warming*; it's all a
    >> lie dreamed up by Neo-Con Earth Haters.
    >>
    >> The Earth started out just like it is now, the only problem being is
    >> that stupid Americans have warmed it up almost beyond repair in the last
    >> 21.8 years.

    >I'm old enough to recall what life was like back in the olden days
    >21.9 years ago.
    >
    >Unicorns and pleasant thoughts everywhere.
    >
    >Fairy dust and warm gentle breezes.
    >
    >(pardon me while I sneezes)

    You are lucky, Philo, it sounds like it was a paradise. I notice that
    you did mention *warm* breezes though. I may be off on my calculations
    of exactly when global warming started. It could have been 21.9 years
    ago; I'll have to check with the IPCC.
    Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del, Feb 14, 2010
  4. Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del

    chuckcar Guest

    philo <> wrote in news:ZIOdnWIoeMQ60-
    :

    > Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del wrote:
    >> There was never really an Ice Age or a warming period in the history of
    >> Earth. There was never an ice sheet stretching down into present day
    >> Kentucky that eventually receded due to *global warming*; it's all a
    >> lie dreamed up by Neo-Con Earth Haters.
    >>
    >> The Earth started out just like it is now, the only problem being is
    >> that stupid Americans have warmed it up almost beyond repair in the last
    >> 21.8 years.

    > I'm old enough to recall what life was like back in the olden days
    > 21.9 years ago.
    >
    > Unicorns and pleasant thoughts everywhere.
    >
    > Fairy dust and warm gentle breezes.
    >
    > (pardon me while I sneezes)

    Parents yelling at you to break up that snow fort you made in the snowbank
    hat's going to get you killed the next time the snowplow comes by, the
    harsh sting of snow pelting you as you use the snowblower to remove another
    two tons off the driveway, the shock of seeing the white from frozen salt
    on the completely cleared road, knowing what *that* means.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Feb 14, 2010
  5. Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del

    OldGringo38 Guest

    Two Cents To The philo Post:
    > Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del wrote:
    >> There was never really an Ice Age or a warming period in the history of
    >> Earth. There was never an ice sheet stretching down into present day
    >> Kentucky that eventually receded due to *global warming*; it's all a
    >> lie dreamed up by Neo-Con Earth Haters.
    >>
    >> The Earth started out just like it is now, the only problem being is
    >> that stupid Americans have warmed it up almost beyond repair in the last
    >> 21.8 years.

    > I'm old enough to recall what life was like back in the olden days
    > 21.9 years ago.
    >
    > Unicorns and pleasant thoughts everywhere.
    >
    > Fairy dust and warm gentle breezes.
    >
    > (pardon me while I sneezes)

    ROTFLMAO I'm old enough to remember this:
    http://images.google.com/images?hl=...m=1&sa=1&q=Dust Bowl&aq=f&oq=&aqi=g10&start=0
    A little more than 21.9 years ago.
    Everyone was sitting on the veranda sipping mint-julep without a care
    in the world.

    --
    Old Gringo
    Just West Of Nowhere
    OldGringo38, Feb 14, 2010
  6. Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del

    Aardvark Guest

    On Sat, 13 Feb 2010 19:15:19 -0600, philo wrote:

    > Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del wrote:
    >> There was never really an Ice Age or a warming period in the history of
    >> Earth. There was never an ice sheet stretching down into present day
    >> Kentucky that eventually receded due to *global warming*; it's all a
    >> lie dreamed up by Neo-Con Earth Haters.
    >>
    >> The Earth started out just like it is now, the only problem being is
    >> that stupid Americans have warmed it up almost beyond repair in the
    >> last 21.8 years.

    > I'm old enough to recall what life was like back in the olden days 21.9
    > years ago.
    >
    > Unicorns and pleasant thoughts everywhere.
    >
    > Fairy dust and warm gentle breezes.
    >
    > (pardon me while I sneezes)

    A lot of people in them days were allergic to unicorn hair and the fur and
    skin of other mythical beasts.

    I heard tell once that Minotaur shit could kill those of fragile
    disposition. Stand too close when it took a dump, the splash-back could
    strip the skin right off.

    --
    "The whole purpose of setting up Guantanamo Bay is for torture. Why do
    this? Because you want to escape the rule of law.... Guantanamo and the
    Aardvark, Feb 14, 2010
  7. Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del

    sandy58 Guest

    On Feb 14, 2:50 am, OldGringo38 <> wrote:
    > , In The Beginning God Created The Heavens And Earth, Then I Added My
    > Two Cents To The  philo Post:
    >
    > > Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del wrote:
    > >> There was never really an Ice Age or a warming period in the history of
    > >> Earth. There was never an ice sheet stretching down into present day
    > >> Kentucky that eventually receded due to *global warming*; it's all a
    > >> lie dreamed up by Neo-Con Earth Haters.

    > >> The Earth started out just like it is now, the only problem being is
    > >> that stupid Americans have warmed it up almost beyond repair in the last
    > >> 21.8 years.

    > > I'm old enough to recall what life was like back in the olden days
    > > 21.9 years ago.

    > > Unicorns and pleasant thoughts everywhere.

    > > Fairy dust and warm gentle breezes.

    > > (pardon me while I sneezes)

    > ROTFLMAO    I'm old enough to remember this:http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozill...
    > A little more than 21.9 years ago.
    > Everyone was sitting on the veranda sipping mint-julep without a care
    > in the world.
    >
    > --
    > Old Gringo
    > Just West Of Nowhere
    > Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullesthttp://www.NuBoy-Industries.com

    Attaboy, Gringo. Nice link. :)
    sandy58, Feb 14, 2010
  8. Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del

    chuckcar Guest

    OldGringo38 <> wrote in

    > , In The Beginning God Created The Heavens And Earth, Then I Added My
    > Two Cents To The philo Post:
    >> Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del wrote:
    >>> There was never really an Ice Age or a warming period in the history
    >>> of Earth. There was never an ice sheet stretching down into present
    >>> day Kentucky that eventually receded due to *global warming*; it's
    >>> all a lie dreamed up by Neo-Con Earth Haters.
    >>>
    >>> The Earth started out just like it is now, the only problem being is
    >>> that stupid Americans have warmed it up almost beyond repair in the
    >>> last 21.8 years.

    >> I'm old enough to recall what life was like back in the olden days
    >> 21.9 years ago.
    >>
    >> Unicorns and pleasant thoughts everywhere.
    >>
    >> Fairy dust and warm gentle breezes.
    >>
    >> (pardon me while I sneezes)

    > ROTFLMAO I'm old enough to remember this:
    > http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%
    > 3Aen-US%3Aofficial&um=1&sa=1&q=Dust+Bowl&aq=f&oq=&aqi=g10&start=0 A
    > little more than 21.9 years ago. Everyone was sitting on the veranda
    > sipping mint-julep without a care in the world.

    And the echos of Woody following in the wind.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Feb 14, 2010
  9. Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del

    Clot Guest

    OldGringo38 wrote:
    > , In The Beginning God Created The Heavens And Earth, Then I Added My
    > Two Cents To The philo Post:
    >> Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del wrote:
    >>> There was never really an Ice Age or a warming period in the
    >>> history of Earth. There was never an ice sheet stretching down into
    >>> present day Kentucky that eventually receded due to *global
    >>> warming*; it's all a lie dreamed up by Neo-Con Earth Haters.
    >>>
    >>> The Earth started out just like it is now, the only problem being is
    >>> that stupid Americans have warmed it up almost beyond repair in the
    >>> last 21.8 years.

    >> I'm old enough to recall what life was like back in the olden days
    >> 21.9 years ago.
    >>
    >> Unicorns and pleasant thoughts everywhere.
    >>
    >> Fairy dust and warm gentle breezes.
    >>
    >> (pardon me while I sneezes)

    > ROTFLMAO I'm old enough to remember this:
    > http://images.google.com/images?hl=...m=1&sa=1&q=Dust Bowl&aq=f&oq=&aqi=g10&start=0
    > A little more than 21.9 years ago.
    > Everyone was sitting on the veranda sipping mint-julep without a care
    > in the world.

    ..Slightly more than 21.9 years ago. Ball park 80!

    It was an issue that interested me as a soil scientist.
    Clot, Feb 14, 2010
  10. Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del

    Clot Guest

    Aardvark wrote:
    > On Sat, 13 Feb 2010 19:15:19 -0600, philo wrote:
    >
    >> Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del wrote:
    >>> There was never really an Ice Age or a warming period in the
    >>> history of Earth. There was never an ice sheet stretching down into
    >>> present day Kentucky that eventually receded due to *global
    >>> warming*; it's all a lie dreamed up by Neo-Con Earth Haters.
    >>>
    >>> The Earth started out just like it is now, the only problem being is
    >>> that stupid Americans have warmed it up almost beyond repair in the
    >>> last 21.8 years.

    >> I'm old enough to recall what life was like back in the olden days
    >> 21.9 years ago.
    >>
    >> Unicorns and pleasant thoughts everywhere.
    >>
    >> Fairy dust and warm gentle breezes.
    >>
    >> (pardon me while I sneezes)

    > A lot of people in them days were allergic to unicorn hair and the
    > fur and skin of other mythical beasts.
    >
    > I heard tell once that Minotaur shit could kill those of fragile
    > disposition. Stand too close when it took a dump, the splash-back
    > could strip the skin right off.

    Bowlocks, the Wyvern sorted them out.
    Clot, Feb 14, 2010
  11. Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del

    Aardvark Guest

    On Sun, 14 Feb 2010 02:33:46 +0000, Clot wrote:

    > Aardvark wrote:

    >>> I'm old enough to recall what life was like back in the olden days
    >>> 21.9 years ago.
    >>>
    >>> Unicorns and pleasant thoughts everywhere.
    >>>
    >>> Fairy dust and warm gentle breezes.
    >>>
    >>> (pardon me while I sneezes)

    >> A lot of people in them days were allergic to unicorn hair and the fur
    >> and skin of other mythical beasts.
    >>
    >> I heard tell once that Minotaur shit could kill those of fragile
    >> disposition. Stand too close when it took a dump, the splash-back could
    >> strip the skin right off.

    > Bowlocks, the Wyvern sorted them out.

    When I was a kid, my dad had a Vauxhall Wyvern. The registration number
    was PXT 138.

    Aardvark, Feb 14, 2010
  12. Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del

    Sam Guest

    > All of Usenet is in a psychological, emotional, and antisocial free fall
    > into an abyss and fully immersed in a drowning pool of mental illness.

    WTF! this is a computer support thread not the climate changfe thread.
    Sam, Feb 14, 2010
  13. Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del

    Dan C Guest

    On Sat, 13 Feb 2010 18:26:20 -0600, Ctrl€/Alt€/Del wrote:

    <SNIP>

    Troll-O-Meter

    0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
    | | | | | | | | | | |
    ^

    "Bother!" said Pooh, as he dropped another white rhino.
    Thanks, Obama: http://brandybuck.site40.net/pics/obama_thanks.jpg
    Dan C, Feb 14, 2010
  14. Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del

    OldGringo38 Guest

    Two Cents To The philo Post:
    > OldGringo38 wrote:
    >> , In The Beginning God Created The Heavens And Earth, Then I Added My
    >> Two Cents To The philo Post:

    >>> I'm old enough to recall what life was like back in the olden days
    >>> 21.9 years ago.
    >>>
    >>> Unicorns and pleasant thoughts everywhere.
    >>>
    >>> Fairy dust and warm gentle breezes.
    >>>
    >>> (pardon me while I sneezes)

    >> ROTFLMAO I'm old enough to remember this:
    >> http://images.google.com/images?hl=...m=1&sa=1&q=Dust Bowl&aq=f&oq=&aqi=g10&start=0
    >>
    >> A little more than 21.9 years ago.
    >> Everyone was sitting on the veranda sipping mint-julep without a care
    >> in the world.
    >>

    > As a matter of fact I recall that my father told me that during the
    > "dust bowl" they thought it might have been caused by radio
    > transmissions (commercial radio started in 1922). According to my father
    > they halted radio broadcasting for a while .

    It was if the world was coming to an end. The land had been stripped
    and just started to blow away. Soil conservation was not part of the
    average persons vocabulary at that time. Drought played the biggest
    part, the prairie grasses were cut down to make way for wheat. Wheat
    not being able to withstand the drought the land soon became barren.
    But here we are sipping our mint-julep without a care in the world
    bitching about anything we can think of. <g> Have a good day Philo,
    always good to chat with you.

    OldGringo38, Feb 14, 2010
  15. Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del

    RickMerrill Guest

    OldGringo38 wrote:
    > , In The Beginning God Created The Heavens And Earth, Then I Added My
    > Two Cents To The philo Post:
    >> OldGringo38 wrote:
    >>> , In The Beginning God Created The Heavens And Earth, Then I Added My
    >>> Two Cents To The philo Post:

    >>> ROTFLMAO I'm old enough to remember this:
    >>> http://images.google.com/images?hl=...m=1&sa=1&q=Dust Bowl&aq=f&oq=&aqi=g10&start=0
    >>>

    >>> A little more than 21.9 years ago.
    >>> Everyone was sitting on the veranda sipping mint-julep without a care
    >>> in the world.
    >>>

    >> As a matter of fact I recall that my father told me that during the
    >> "dust bowl" they thought it might have been caused by radio
    >> transmissions (commercial radio started in 1922). According to my father
    >> they halted radio broadcasting for a while .

    > It was if the world was coming to an end. The land had been stripped and
    > just started to blow away. Soil conservation was not part of the average
    > persons vocabulary at that time. Drought played the biggest part, the
    > prairie grasses were cut down to make way for wheat. Wheat not being
    > able to withstand the drought the land soon became barren. But here we
    > are sipping our mint-julep without a care in the world bitching about
    > anything we can think of. <g> Have a good day Philo, always good to chat
    > with you.

    The outcome was that farmers are now taught about Contour Plowing
    (instead of ruler straight lines), and Crop Rotation, and harrowing
    the ground is done much less these days.
    RickMerrill, Feb 14, 2010
  16. On Sat, 13 Feb 2010 23:49:54 -0500, "Sam" <> wrote:

    >> All of Usenet is in a psychological, emotional, and antisocial free fall
    >> into an abyss and fully immersed in a drowning pool of mental illness.

    >WTF! this is a computer support thread not the climate changfe thread.

    Wow, you are really a dumbass aren't you? I mean, you are one of the
    real ones. You really don't know the difference between a thread and a
    group and you are ejaculating over my signature.

    Don't know what a sig. file is either, do you? LOL.
    Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del, Feb 15, 2010
  17. Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del

    chuckcar Guest

    "Sam" <> wrote in news:hlad09$41a$:

    >> All of Usenet is in a psychological, emotional, and antisocial free fall
    >> into an abyss and fully immersed in a drowning pool of mental illness.

    > WTF! this is a computer support thread not the climate changfe thread.

    This is a help *group* with nothing Off-topic. The *thread* was
    specifically about climate change. Where's the beef?

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Feb 15, 2010