    this allows you to adjust the XYZ data for appearance in the overall profile

    --
    Dale
    Dale, Dec 17, 2012

  2. Dale

    Dale Guest

    On 12/17/2012 07:51 AM, Dale wrote:
    > you have a "linear with light" sensor
    >
    > you have filtration on the sensor that matches XYZ (tristimulus values)
    >
    > you add a dial to the camera that allows you to select the lightsource
    > you are under or are using, the dial, through the electronics, then
    > populates the appropriate white point tag's data in the ICC profile
    >
    > this allows you to adjust the XYZ data for appearance in the overall
    > profile

    you could even have a little colorimeter attached to the dial to measure
    the light source

    keep in mind, the sensor does not measure the light color, only photon
    counts

    --
    Dale
    Dale, Dec 17, 2012

  3. Dale

    Dale Guest

    On 12/17/2012 11:44 AM, Dale wrote:
    > On 12/17/2012 07:51 AM, Dale wrote:
    >> you have a "linear with light" sensor
    >>
    >> you have filtration on the sensor that matches XYZ (tristimulus values)
    >>
    >> you add a dial to the camera that allows you to select the lightsource
    >> you are under or are using, the dial, through the electronics, then
    >> populates the appropriate white point tag's data in the ICC profile
    >>
    >> this allows you to adjust the XYZ data for appearance in the overall
    >> profile
    >>

    > you could even have a little colorimeter attached to the dial to measure
    > the light source
    >
    > keep in mind, the sensor does not measure the light color, only photon
    > counts

    requires the right filtration, I believe Kodak owns this intelluctual
    property on scanners from Eikonix

    --
    Dale
    Dale, Dec 18, 2012