IBM usb fingerprint reader

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by Carlosss, Aug 25, 2005.

  1. Carlosss

    Carlosss Guest

    Carlosss, Aug 25, 2005

  2. Carlosss

    Winged Guest

    Carlosss wrote:
    > Does anybody know how secure is the IBM fingerprint reader?
    > http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1333514
    >
    > Is it as secure as the one that is embedded in the new thinkpads?
    >
    > Thanks.

    I would not rely on the reader for anything more than casual security.
    I had a Gateway and an IBM laptop that my daughter can access easier
    than I. Shrugs other folkses mileage may vary. My issue issue may
    relate to the number of prints you record. It probably would be more
    secure if one only had one print recorded. I have issues however
    accessing after I have recorded the print. I have had difficulties if
    the finger isn't oriented just right, typically takes me 3 or 4 tries
    before I get in. My daughter on the other hand can typically get in
    first try on my print...go figure.

    Winged
    Winged, Aug 25, 2005

  3. Carlosss

    Jim Watt Guest

    On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 19:54:58 -0500, Winged <>
    wrote:

    > My daughter on the other hand can typically get in
    >first try on my print...go figure.

    maybe you have worn yours out hammering the keyboard :)
    --
    Jim Watt
    http://www.gibnet.com
    Jim Watt, Aug 25, 2005
  4. Carlosss

    Winged Guest

    Jim Watt wrote:
    > On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 19:54:58 -0500, Winged <>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>My daughter on the other hand can typically get in
    >>first try on my print...go figure.

    > maybe you have worn yours out hammering the keyboard :)
    > --
    > Jim Watt
    > http://www.gibnet.com

    possibly...