    Please be specific, my experience is limited.
    Had just turned off the Second Monitor option a short while ago.

    Thanks
    Guest, Dec 30, 2004

  2. Guest

    Wizard Guest

    You will have to repair the screen or remove the drive, find an adapter
    and put it in another system.

    Wizard, Dec 30, 2004

  3. Guest

    Guest

    HDDs are easiest to take out. IBM laptop Screens can be replaced
    too(dunno how).

    look at the bottom of your laptop, there's a rectangular area about 8cm
    by 4cm with a little screw in it. unscre that one screw and the
    rectangluar area will come off revealing your HDD to take out.
    IBM do have their laptop support manuals online.
    once the HDD is out, you could try putting it into another laptop but
    you'dd prob find that win won't load up.

    so you would connect it to a desktop with an adaptor - a 2.5-3.5 ide
    cable, and a mounting thing. Or use a 2.5-3.5 ide cable with a usb-ide
    adaptor.

    (the laptop is 2.5" IDE, desktop is 3.5" IDE, the usb-ide adaptor is
    3.5" - hence the need for the 2.5-3.5 adaptor cableadaptors)
    I have heard that ppl buy IBMs because they're easily serviceable.
    , Dec 31, 2004