    Email to unmunged address or post replys here.

    Regards

    Justin

    Justin, Nov 4, 2004

  2. Justin

    Don Hills Guest

    In article <l0wid.29493$>,
    Justin <4free.co.nz> wrote:

    >IBM support is hopeless. (Press 1 for get lost in menus, Press 2 for
    >instant insanity, .....)

    When I last did it (a couple of years ago), the correct procedure for NZ was
    to phone the main IBM number and ask to be put through to the "Maintenance
    Parts Centre". They sell direct to the public (credit card purchase). The
    cost will likely be quite reasonable, I recall a keyboard for an old TP760
    was about $150. You will need to know the FRU (Field Replaceable Unit)
    (part) number. It is likely on the bottom of the keyboard, or you can find
    it on IBM's Web site - find your way to the PC support page, enter the
    type-model number (2611-xxx) and select the parts documentation.

    It's ironic that people who are too smart to engage in politics
    are governed by people who are not as smart.

    Don Hills, Nov 8, 2004

  3. Justin

    Justin Guest

    Thanks Don. I'll give that a go.

    Regards

    Justin

    Justin, Nov 8, 2004
  4. Justin

    Justin Guest

    Shock horror. Phone call from IBM in response to an email sent last
    week asking for the keyboard.

    Price is $216 !!! What a bloody ripoff considering a similar Toshiba
    replacement keyboard can be had for around $70 - 80.

    Regards

    Justin

    Justin, Nov 9, 2004
  5. Justin wrote:
    > Price is $216 !!! What a bloody ripoff considering a similar Toshiba
    > replacement keyboard can be had for around $70 - 80.

    heh, but you need it, so what choice do you have?
    practically none.

    Get a toshiba next time.

    --
    Dave Hall
    http://www.dave.net.nz

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Nov 9, 2004
  6. Justin

    Steve Guest

    Justin wrote:
    > Shock horror. Phone call from IBM in response to an email sent last
    > week asking for the keyboard.
    >
    > Price is $216 !!! What a bloody ripoff considering a similar Toshiba
    > replacement keyboard can be had for around $70 - 80.

    I don't think it'll fit, though :)

    Steve, Nov 9, 2004