IBM T42 wireless Problem

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by malmisfer, Aug 11, 2008.

  1. malmisfer

    malmisfer

    Joined:
    Aug 11, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Hi,
    I'm having a problem in my IBM T42 which puzzled me and couldn't been fixed by IBM (Lenovo) Dealer. I'm having Windows XP SP3 as OS and I'm trying to use "ThinkVantage Access Connection".
    Let me start to say that I've even put the recovery to format everything in the machine and still the problem exist.
    The problem is that I can see all the wireless connection around me, but when I try to connect to anyone it doesn't allow me - doesn't provide me with IP address. When I press "Help me fix this" it gives me the following message:
    Connection status: Disconnected
    Cause: Association Failed
    Error Code: 011
    Recommended Actions 1:
    Verify that the encryption settings (WEP/TKIP/AES) specified in this profile match those expected by wireless network.
    Recommended Actions 2:
    Verify that the wireless adapter in your computer has not been restricted from accessing the radio channels being used by the wireless network.

    I've went to lenovo site and updated all the drivers related to the wireless connection (Intel PRO/Wireless LAN 2100 3B Mini PCI Adapter v. 1.2.4.41). Moreover, I've installed the latest "ThinkVantage Access Connection v. 4.52.

    I'm having another IBM T61 which is less version as "Access Connection" but its working fine.

    I don't know what is the problem?
    :-(

    malmisfer, Aug 11, 2008