    can i use IBGP in my internal network without using other IGP protocol
    like OSPF OR RIP.

    THANKS,,,,,,,,,,,,,

    cisco_crazy, Jul 14, 2009

  2. * cisco_crazy wrote:
    > can i use IBGP in my internal network without using other IGP protocol
    > like OSPF OR RIP.

    Yes.

    Lutz Donnerhacke, Jul 14, 2009

  3. cisco_crazy

    dk77 Guest

    dk77, Jul 14, 2009
  4. cisco_crazy

    swpa Guest

    Yes, I work on a team that designed a network solely with iBGP for a
    multihome fully meshed topology. And the config was not as complicated as
    it would thought to be.

    "dk77" <> wrote in message
    On 14 июл, 09:58, cisco_crazy <> wrote:
    > Hi all,
    > can i use IBGP in my internal network without using other IGP protocol
    > like OSPF OR RIP.
    >
    > THANKS,,,,,,,,,,,,,

    start from here:
    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk365/technologies_configuration_example09186a0080093f25.shtml

    swpa, Jul 14, 2009
  5. cisco_crazy

    John Agosta Guest

    "cisco_crazy" <> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    > can i use IBGP in my internal network without using other IGP protocol
    > like OSPF OR RIP.
    >

    > THANKS,,,,,,,,,,,,,

    It can be done.
    However, iBGP needs a route to reach its neighbor/peer.
    So if you are not directly connected to your neighbors,
    you'll need either dynamic or static routes to get between them.

    Also, if you have multiple pathways between neighbors/peers,
    it is better to use an iBGP which can make use of alternate pathways
    between your neighbors/peers in the event of a failure.
    In such a case, it is best to peer up to loopback IPs....

    -ja

    John Agosta, Jul 14, 2009
  6. cisco_crazy

    swpa Guest

    Yes, as the gentlemen stated, peer on loopback and a very good point to
    make. We used peer groups and private asn's also as we had 22 sites with
    primary and secondary connections. We chose the delay in the route re
    assignment to secondary should the primary route fail over reconvergence
    that OSPF would have created. Worked out well but again we had a delay in
    route fail over due to the timers in BGP. I very fun and simple network to
    design and was tired of the frame relay eigrp networks stuff.

    swpa, Jul 15, 2009
  7. cisco_crazy wrote:

    >Hi all,
    >can i use IBGP in my internal network without using other IGP protocol
    >like OSPF OR RIP.

    Yes, but it is NOT a good IGP.
    --
    Paul Matthews CCIE #4063
    Please post questions to the NG, NOT by e-mail.

    Paul Matthews, Jul 21, 2009
  8. cisco_crazy

    theapplebee

    Joined: