    not?

    Thanks
    Eric

    Eric Knowles, Jul 3, 2005

  2. Eric Knowles

    Ian Guest

    "Eric Knowles" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Does anyone know the fundamental differences between IAX and SIP?,

    They are different protocols.

    > or indeed what IAX and SIP stand for?

    Inter Asterisk eXchange

    Session Initiation Protocol

    > And finally, can I use an iax address with a sipura ATA? and if not, why
    > not?

    No, Hopefully you can work that out for yourself now

    have a look at http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php you will find all the
    info you need there or google for SIP and IAX.

    Ian, Jul 3, 2005

  3. On Sun, 3 Jul 2005 14:00:09 +0100, "Eric Knowles"
    <> wrote:

    >Does anyone know the fundamental differences between IAX and SIP?

    IAX is always on the same port, making firewalling /NATting it a
    doddle. SIP is all over the shop and has STUN as an add-on to try and
    tame it.

    Phil
    --
    spamcop.net address commissioned 18/06/04
    Come on down !

    Phil Thompson, Jul 3, 2005