    O/S: Windows 2003 Server
    RAM: 518MB
    HDD: 50GB
    *****General, Oct 18, 2005

  2. *****General

    Scraggy Guest

    *****General wrote:
    > I recently bought SWAT 4 for my PC and it installed fine. I managed
    > to play through the training and first mission then saved and quit.
    > Since then I can't play the game at all. I have tried uninstalling
    > and re-installing, changing the graphics settings etc. The game gets
    > upto loading the level then the progress bar stops 3/4 of the way and
    > freezes for about 15 minutes. The game freezes at the same exact
    > point and the error message I get says that there is a display driver
    > error related to "ialmrnt5". I have tried Google and various
    > knowledge bases which place the problem at my Intel graphics driver
    > but re-installing the driver has no effect.
    >
    > The thing that baffles me is that the game ran properly the first
    > time and so I know that it works. Nothing has changed on my system
    > since then and the game not working the next time.
    >
    > My computer specs are:
    > Dell Dimension 2400
    > PROCESSOR: 2.2GHZ
    > O/S: Windows 2003 Server
    > RAM: 518MB
    > HDD: 50GB

    http://support.vugames.com/

    members. Groucho Marx
    Scraggy, Oct 19, 2005

  3. *****General

    *****General Guest

    "Scraggy" <> wrote in message
    > *****General wrote:
    >> I recently bought SWAT 4 for my PC and it installed fine. I managed
    >> to play through the training and first mission then saved and quit.
    >> Since then I can't play the game at all. I have tried uninstalling
    >> and re-installing, changing the graphics settings etc. The game gets
    >> upto loading the level then the progress bar stops 3/4 of the way and
    >> freezes for about 15 minutes. The game freezes at the same exact
    >> point and the error message I get says that there is a display driver
    >> error related to "ialmrnt5". I have tried Google and various
    >> knowledge bases which place the problem at my Intel graphics driver
    >> but re-installing the driver has no effect. The thing that baffles me is
    >> that the game ran properly the first
    >> time and so I know that it works. Nothing has changed on my system
    >> since then and the game not working the next time.
    >>
    >> My computer specs are:
    >> Dell Dimension 2400
    >> PROCESSOR: 2.2GHZ
    >> O/S: Windows 2003 Server
    >> RAM: 518MB
    >> HDD: 50GB

    > http://support.vugames.com/

    Tried that. 0 results found when I search the knowledge base I sent Sierra
    an email ages ago but they still haven't replied. This NG is my last hope in
    finding a solution, and no I can't take the game back due to Maplins return
    policy.
    *****General, Oct 19, 2005
  4. *****General

    Scraggy Guest

    *****General wrote:
    > "Scraggy" <> wrote in message
    >> *****General wrote:
    >>> I recently bought SWAT 4 for my PC and it installed fine. I managed
    >>> to play through the training and first mission then saved and quit.
    >>> Since then I can't play the game at all. I have tried uninstalling
    >>> and re-installing, changing the graphics settings etc. The game gets
    >>> upto loading the level then the progress bar stops 3/4 of the way
    >>> and freezes for about 15 minutes. The game freezes at the same exact
    >>> point and the error message I get says that there is a display
    >>> driver error related to "ialmrnt5". I have tried Google and various
    >>> knowledge bases which place the problem at my Intel graphics driver
    >>> but re-installing the driver has no effect. The thing that baffles
    >>> me is that the game ran properly the first
    >>> time and so I know that it works. Nothing has changed on my system
    >>> since then and the game not working the next time.
    >>>
    >>> My computer specs are:
    >>> Dell Dimension 2400
    >>> PROCESSOR: 2.2GHZ
    >>> O/S: Windows 2003 Server
    >>> RAM: 518MB
    >>> HDD: 50GB

    >> http://support.vugames.com/
    >>

    > Tried that. 0 results found when I search the knowledge base I sent
    > Sierra an email ages ago but they still haven't replied. This NG is
    > my last hope in finding a solution, and no I can't take the game back
    > due to Maplins return policy.

    I have had a similar problem with other games. Try uninstall>then delete all
    reference to game directories etc>run reg cleaner>defrag>reinstall.
    Just noticed your HD size, how much is free?
    members. Groucho Marx
    Scraggy, Oct 19, 2005
  5. *****General

    *****General Guest

    "Scraggy" <> wrote in message
    > *****General wrote:
    >> "Scraggy" <> wrote in message

    >>> http://support.vugames.com/
    >>>

    >> Tried that. 0 results found when I search the knowledge base I sent
    >> Sierra an email ages ago but they still haven't replied. This NG is
    >> my last hope in finding a solution, and no I can't take the game back
    >> due to Maplins return policy.

    > I have had a similar problem with other games. Try uninstall>then delete
    > all reference to game directories etc>run reg cleaner>defrag>reinstall.
    > Just noticed your HD size, how much is free?
    > --

    Problem sorted. It turned out to be a driver compatability issue with
    Win2K3.

    I've got about paltry 6GB free.
    *****General, Oct 20, 2005