    Anyone else seen this? Any thoughts?

    Thanks,
    Rob

    Robert Sefton, Oct 17, 2004

  2. Robert Sefton

    Mr Jessop Guest

    "Robert Sefton" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Just received my new i9900 via FedEx a few days ago. I set it up and
    > printed some beautiful 4x6 and 8x10 prints, no problems at all. Tried to
    > turn it on yesterday and it's dead. It's plugged in and I checked the
    > voltage on the printer end of the power cord just in case the cord was
    > bad. No response when I push the power button. I went through the Canon
    > troubleshooting guide and it doesn't address this problem.
    >
    > Anyone else seen this? Any thoughts?

    IF its that dead then try the fuse in the plug. Or don't you have them out
    there? When its completely doornail dead its time to get a replacement
    especially after such a short period of time.

    Mr Jessop, Oct 17, 2004

  3. Robert,
    Not to sound like a smartass but you should check your power source. Make
    sure you don't have a fuse blown.
    If you still have a problem, contact Canon.

    When you get it up and running, let me know what you think of the prints. I
    have the i9900 and think the quality is outstanding.

    Dennis D. Carter

    Dennis D. Carter, Oct 18, 2004
  4. Mr Jessop wrote:
    > "Robert Sefton" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Just received my new i9900 via FedEx a few days ago. I set it up and
    >>printed some beautiful 4x6 and 8x10 prints, no problems at all. Tried to
    >>turn it on yesterday and it's dead. It's plugged in and I checked the
    >>voltage on the printer end of the power cord just in case the cord was
    >>bad. No response when I push the power button. I went through the Canon
    >>troubleshooting guide and it doesn't address this problem.
    >>
    >>Anyone else seen this? Any thoughts?

    > IF its that dead then try the fuse in the plug. Or don't you have them out
    > there? When its completely doornail dead its time to get a replacement
    > especially after such a short period of time.

    No. You just disconnect the power cord for 5 minutes, then reconnect,
    and whamo. For some strange reason. It's in the web site's
    troubleshooting guide.

    Gary Eickmeier

    Gary Eickmeier, Oct 18, 2004
  5. Robert Sefton

    RobJ Guest

    Hi Dennis -

    I checked the obvious stuff, but thanks. It's dead. I contacted Canon
    support via email today (Sunday) and much to their credit and my surprise
    they responded within a few hours. Since it failed within 30 days of
    purchase I have the option to swap it for a new one, but I'm in San Diego
    and there's an authorized service facility close by. I'll just have it
    fixed. The 3-4 prints I made before it died were impressive. Looking forward
    to more of the same.

    Rob

    RobJ, Oct 18, 2004
  6. Robert Sefton

    RobJ Guest

    "Gary Eickmeier" <> wrote in message

    > No. You just disconnect the power cord for 5 minutes, then reconnect, and
    > whamo. For some strange reason. It's in the web site's troubleshooting
    > guide.
    >
    > Gary Eickmeier

    Gary -

    I didn't see that one. Here's the reply from Canon product support:

    "Thank you for contacting Canon product support. I am sorry to hear about
    the power issues
    you are experiencing with your i9900 printer. Unfortunately, the best
    suggestion I can provide
    is to try the i9900 on other known working outlets. If it does not power on,
    there are not
    troubleshooting steps we can provide. The i9900 will require service."

    Rob

    RobJ, Oct 18, 2004
  7. RobJ wrote:

    > Gary -
    >
    > I didn't see that one. Here's the reply from Canon product support:
    >
    > "Thank you for contacting Canon product support. I am sorry to hear about
    > the power issues
    > you are experiencing with your i9900 printer. Unfortunately, the best
    > suggestion I can provide
    > is to try the i9900 on other known working outlets. If it does not power on,
    > there are not
    > troubleshooting steps we can provide. The i9900 will require service."

    All I can tell you is it worked with my i950. After a recent hurricane,
    when I disconnected all of my equipment to protect it from power surges
    etc, when I powered back up again my 950 was dead as a doornail. I took
    it to a different outlet, nothing. I was looking up my full replacement
    warranty when I decided one last ditch effort would be worth saving the
    trip to Tampa to exchange it. The troubleshooting guide said unplug it
    and re-plug it after some time period. Sounded crazy, but it worked.

    But I presume you have already tried it and failed, so maybe the 9900 is
    different.

    Gary Eickmeier

    Gary Eickmeier, Oct 18, 2004